A simple and powerful photo editor for the Mac.
It is based on non destructive layers and filters. The layers are at the left and the filters are at the right of the window. To edit a photo, just drag it into the window (or layers’ list) and it will be added as a new layer. LiveQuartz supports Gestures (Multi-Touch).
SCREENCASTS : http://www.rhapsoft.com/?menu=livequartz_video
TWITTER : @livequartz
“As a product manager I constantly need to communicate my ideas visually but I lack the time, attention and motivation to learn something like Photoshop. I downloaded LiveQuartz Lite and was manipualting images and creating new content within minutes. I didn’t hesitate to pull the trigger on the upgrade to the Unlimited version and more than happy that I did. I’ve since encouraged my non technical friends and my kids to use it and have seen the same results.Highly recommended.” - BobKattt (2.3.2)
“I enjoy Mac style Apps because they make artistic sense to me. I like to have as little math, tangent calculations, and non creative tasks involved when I am creating artwork and graphic design projects. With LiveQuartz, pencils act like pencils, and brushes brush. Actions are smooth and simple as putting a pen to paper. The layers behave magically and the various composites and photo effects are fluid and intuitive. Each time I use this program, I find new tools and combinations that help add to the fun of creating. Great program.” - Phil Seymour (2.0.3)
LiveQuartz Photo Edit Lite can export or print one image per day (export, share, cut, copy, drag and drop, print). You can remove this limitation by upgrading to the Unlimited Version (in app subscription with free trial or in app purchase) and fully enjoy the application.
A subscription to LiveQuartz Unlimited is valid for 6 months. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your subscription management page can be accessed from the Help menu. The first time you subscribe, you get a three days free trial period.
Subscription terms: http://www.rhapsoft.com/site/livequartz/privacy.html
- What can I do for free (without subscription or purchase)?
If you have not LiveQuartz Unlimited, you will be able to use the app and save your documents to native format (RHIF) without limitation but you will only be able to export one final image per day (file export or cut or copy or drag and drop or print or share).
- What is the difference between Export and Save?
Export will produce a standard image file (like JPEG or PNG) by merging all layers and filters.
Save will write to disk the current state of the multi layer image document in App native RHIF format.
- How can I unlock access of exportation features (Unlimited)?
By clicking on « LiveQuartz Unlimited... » button, you will be proposed either to stay with the free version, to buy the Unlimited version or to subscribe to the unlimited version.
Note: When the LiveQuartz Photo Edit Lite is in Unlimited mode, it continues to be named «LiveQuartz Photo Edit Lite» but by opening the "About ..." window, you will see "LiveQuartz Unlimited" instead of "LiveQuartz Lite".
• "Layer moving"
• "Drawing" (lines, rectangles, rounded corners rectangles, ovals)
• "Rich Text"
• "Background eraser"
• "Filter effect"
• "Color Picker"
• "Rectangle Selection"
• "Ellipse Selection"
• "Lasso / Polygonal selection"
• Native non destructive format : rhif (RHapsoft Image Format, sqlite based)
• Read / Export formats : pdf, heif, png, jpeg, jpeg2000, tiff, tga, gif, bmp, OpenEXR
• Read only formats :
raw, photoshop (merged layers), icns, sgi, Windows ico, Windows cursor, FlashPix, MacPaint, QuickTime Import Format, Radiance, XWindow bitmap
Standard Core Image Filters + Shadow filter + "Flip" geometry filter
- In Edit menu, the latest selection can be restored
- As it is similar, the brand new “Paint Bucket” is available by choosing the background eraser tool with ‘alt’ key pressed
- Drag and Drop of text layers is now possible (Previously, it would have converted the layer to a pixel image layer)
- Default corner input points for certain transform filters now default to the current position of the corners (example: “Perspective Correction” filter)
- Drag and drop of layers and filters between two LiveQuartz documents is back on Mojave
- Fixing an issue on certain configuration with painting tools on Mojave (pencil and duplication tool)
- Scrolling with input devices like the magic mouse is disabled while using tools to avoid wired behaviour
- Fixing an english localisation issue in filter picker
- Fixing a layer size issue with background eraser when using a selection
- Romain Piveteau
- 9.1 MB
- OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Romain Piveteau, 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.