By Alexander Zolotov
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SunVox is the most powerful music creation tool for iOS. It is a small and fast cross-platform modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Powerful microtonal (ultra-chromatic) sequencer.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export;
• WiFi import/export;
• MIDI file import/export;
• MIDI IN/OUT;
• Mic/Line-in recording;
• Audiobus and IAA support;
• It is also available for other systems (see the site).
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with the SunVox icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
Use multitouch to scale/move content of timeline and pattern editor.
How to connect one module to another: first touch on source, second touch on destination.
REC button is only for notes and controller recording. If you want to record sound - use the Sampler module.
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• Analog Generator;
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects);
• Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI, AIFF);
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• 3Band equalizer;
• Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass, Notch);
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• and more ...
[ Bug reports ]
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: email@example.com
The answer comes immediately!
Official SunVox homepage + video tutorials:
Development status of the new version:
What's New in Version 1.9.1
* new module - Glide; it is similar to the MultiSynth, but it also adds the commands of smooth transition between the notes; see the glide.sunvox example;
* advanced Interpolator has been added to the Pattern Editor: with this tool you can make a smooth transition of the values of any pattern columns, with various parameters (like the curve type, noise, etc.);
* new function in the Module View (Routing) - Replace; use it if you want to replace the selected module by some other module without loss of connections;
* MIDI buttons (with notes) linked to some SunVox actions (shortcuts) are now ignored by the synths;
* Sampler (sample editor): now the Copy and Paste functions work through the file;
* Sampler (sample editor): new effects (Invert and Center) has been added;
* LFO: new controller "Duty cycle" (only for the square waveform);
* CUT operation has been added to the Module View (Routing) and the Timeline;
* new instrument from Cube48: DrumSynth48;
* new simple song examples: glide;
* new song examples: snowfall, SunVox Compo 2015.10 Winners (KnyazIvan - fatal precession, OceanicDegree - Dreaming, echo2 - unreal love 3);
* bugs fixed.
- USD 5.99
- Category: Music
- Updated: 14 January 2016
- Version: 1.9.1
- Size: 11.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Alexander Zolotov
- © Alexander Zolotov
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.