SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten
By SPIEGEL ONLINE GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SPIEGEL ONLINE's improved iOS app: read Germany’s premier news source on your iPhone or iPod touch! Our app provides you with instant access to all the daily news, analysis, opinion, features and interviews on offer from SPIEGEL ONLINE's 140-member editorial team -- for free.
Please note that this app's navigation and content are in German.
In version 2.0 of this app, we have revamped the navigation, moving the menu to the top corner on the right of your screen. We have made design changes in accordance with recent iOS recommendations. You can now share articles via more social media and messaging apps, most notably WhatsApp.
In addition to our 'breaking news' push notifications, we have added alerts for your favorite sections like politics, business, sports, culture etc. Activate those notifications by tapping on the exclamation mark icon in the top navigation bar. You will then receive push notifications alerting you to major developments or remarkable articles in that particular section. You can just as easily unsubscribe from this service.
Here’s what you get in more detail:
* More than 100 news articles, features and analyses each day from the worlds of politics, business, sports and more. In addition, you get all our opinion pieces and blogs.
* All our videos and photo galleries.
* Access to reader comments in our forum and the ability to post comments yourself.
* Thanks to Pack&Go, you can download articles to read them later when your mobile device is offline.
If you have problems with our app or want to suggest improvements, please email email@example.com. We also encourage you to rate our app here in Apple’s App Store.
We hope you enjoy using our app and reading our content!
Your SPIEGEL ONLINE editorial team
What's New in Version 2.1
• We have optimized this app for the screen sizes of the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6+.
• We now offer a widget that you can place in your Today view.
• Our app now supports the pull-to-refresh gesture which you can use to reload a page.
• You can navigate back by swiping to the right from your phone’s left margin (back swipe).
• We have reintroduced the PageControl dots at the bottom of the page to indicate pages where you can horizontally swipe to reach additional articles.
- Category: News
- Updated: 12 February 2015
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 7.6 MB
- Language: German
- Seller: SPIEGEL ONLINE GmbH
- © SPIEGEL ONLINE 2011-2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.