Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ARINC and GlobalNavSource have partnered to develop AEROMilBag - an EFB application for military flight personnel. AEROMilBag’s paperless environment provides a cost-effective solution in a compact, lightweight package robust enough to meet the stringent requirements of the military and other governmental agencies. The database fully supports DoD Aeronautical Flight Publications (FLIP) as well as all FAA Publications.
To access AEROMilBag, you need to be assigned an access code. Please contact AEROMilBag_sales@arinc.com if your command is interested in purchasing the app. Civilian pilots should download the GlobalNavSource EFB app instead.
*****Focus on Design*****
AEROMilBag is designed by military operators for military operations. Extensive field testing has demonstrated AEROMilBag’s effectiveness in increasing aircrew situational awareness and reducing pilot workload. Human factors design considerations have resulted in an intuitive, easy to use application where all functions are just one touch away, making last minute runway or approach changes a breeze. AEROMilBag utilizes iPad's gesture-based interface which makes for aircrew friendly operations.
* cache all charts, plates, and airport data for stand-alone in-flight use
* fast, auto-complete airport search
* quick-swipe between airport plates
* pre-download upcoming data so you are ready to fly when you need to be
* extensive worldwide facility and weather information
DoD plates are provided in a database that covers the world. AEROMilBag provides seamless compilations of VFR and IFR chart sources, for the easiest chart-browsing experience.
* IFR High
* IFR Low
* VFR Sectionals
* VFR Terminal Area Charts
Plates and charts are geo-referenced and provide GPS own-ship position and moving map capability.
Updates are a breeze. Data updates are handled in the background, while using the app, so useability is not disrupted. In addition, AEROMilBag caches upcoming plates and charts before they are needed, so you have everything available, in a stand-alone configuration, when you are ready to fly.
Updates and data selection can be tailored to the unique mission of each user. Updates are accomplished wirelessly and only plates that change are updated. This greatly reduces bandwidth and speeds the update process in comparison to NACO based apps.
* METARs and TAFs - view information from thousands of weather stations around the world
* Chart overlays - display METAR weather layers on all chart types
What's New in Version 2.7
***** New in version 2.7:
* Improved Plate Downloading
* Removed background downloading mode as some users were forgetting to let the app finish, which caused occasional missing tiles. Users should now press 'update' from the Updates tab to fetch updates, and leave the app running until it finishes the download.
* Other bug fixes
***** New in version 2.6:
* Improved stability on iOS 6
* Screen rotation lock now works on iOS 6
* In-flight stability improvements
Please update to at least this version before Dec 31, 2012.
The app should warn you if the iPad runs out of storage space during a download.
We recommend you use at least a 32GB iPad.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 07 January 2013
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 43.7 MB
- Languages: English, German, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: GlobalNavSource Inc.
- © 2012, GlobalNavSource
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.