MID WiFi (Free)
By Veera Solutions Oy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is an evaluation version of MID WiFi.
Marine Instrument Display WiFi shows the information from the onboard systems, the angle of heel and the predicted boat speed. The data (NMEA0183) is received over the WiFi and/or from the internal compass and GPS.
Search for "Marine Instrument Display" as well.
- Compass Heading (mag/true) (HDG)
- Clock (utc/local) (CLK)
* Course Over Ground (COG)
* Speed Over Ground (SOG)
* Average SOG (ASOG)
* Maximum SOG (MSOG)
* Trip Distance (TRIP)
* Trip Time (TIME)
- Countdown Timer (CDT)
- Distance to Line (DTL)
- Time to Line (TTL)
- Heeling (HLG)
** Apparent Wind Angle and Speed (AWA, AWS)
** True Wind Angle and Speed (TWA, TWS)
** Maximum True and Apparent Wind Speed (MAWS, MTWS)
** True Wind Direction (TWD)
** Velocity Made Good to Wind (VMGwnd)
** Velocity Made Good to Waypoint (VMGwpt)
** Boat Speed (SPD)
** Maximum Boat Speed (MSPD)
** Depth (DPT)
** Air and Sea Temperatures (AIR, SEA)
** Barometric Pressure (BPR)
** Bearing to Waypoint (BTW)
** Distance to Waypoint (DTW)
** Time to Waypoint (TTG)
** Cross Track Error (XTE)
** Predicted Boat Speed (PSPD)
** Boat Speed to Predicted Boat Speed Ratio (SPR)
** Revolutions Per Minute (Engine/Shaft) (RPM)
** Propeller Pitch (PRP)
** NoLand Eng. Analog Values (EAV1-5)
** TackTick FFP1-4
* = Internal GPS or NMEA-WiFi bridge required
** = NMEA-WiFi bridge required (e.g. Simrad GoFree WIFI-1, RS232-WiFi, Digital Yacht iAIS/WLN10, ShipModul MiniPlex-2Wi, iMux, Ockam LANbridge)
- Shows Apparent and True Wind Angles simultaneously
- The size of the blue sector indicates the variation of the wind direction
- AIS targets (**
- View and store the tracks
- Share the tracks by email (GPX)
- Depth (Deep, Shallow)
- Anchor (Deep, Shallow, Distance)
- Wind (AWA/TWA/AWS/TWS High/Low, TWD Shift)
- Three pages with different font sizes
- Three color modes for day and night (black/white, white/black, red/black)
- Supported units: kt / nm, mph / mi, km/h / km, m / ft, °C / °F
HOW TO USE
- Tap the SET to enter the Settings page
- Tap the value of any field to cycle through the color modes
- Tap the title of any field (such as TIME) to select the data to the field
- Tap the unit (°) of the heeling (HLG) to calibrate (zero angle)
- Press the value of any field at least two seconds to reset the TIME, ASOG, MSOG and TRIP
- Swipe to switch between data pages
- Rename the track by tapping the name of it
- The NMEA data of a track is accessible via iTunes File Sharing
- Tap the LOCK to lock/unlock the screen (orientation and other functionality except scrolling and TIME/ASOG/MSOG/TRIP reset)
- Use IP address 255.255.255.255 for the UDP broadcast/multicast. The port for the Simrad GoFree discovery is 2050 or 2052, 5000-5010 are for Ockam LANbridge and 55554 for SailTimer Wind Vane.
- The location services are switched on by default. They can be switched on/off by tapping the coordinates. If the application is put in background it runs 30 minutes before being suspended.
- The trip time runs while moving (SOG > 0)
- The COG is shown while moving (SOG > 0) (internal GPS)
- Configure the start time (1 - 30 minutes) by touching the SET to enter the Settings view
- Start/sync the timer by touching the "sync"
- Stop the timer by touching the "sync" at least two seconds
- The timer beeps every minute and when 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 second(s) are remaining
1. The back cover must be faced forward accurately in order to get the correct compass heading.
2. Mount the iPhone/iPad securely and make sure it cannot move accidentally to ANY direction.
3. Tap the unit field (°) of the heeling (HLG). HLG is set to zero and the heading shows the correct value.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.62.2
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 19 November 2015
- Version: 1.62.2
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Veera Solutions Oy
- © Veera Solutions
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.