Milan: Wallpaper* City Guide
By Phaidon Press
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
App content updated May 2014
Wallpaper* City Guide apps present a succinct, tightly edited selection of the best a location has to offer, from iconic architecture to happening restaurants, bars and hotels, and the most enticing cultural spaces, art galleries and shops. Whether visiting Berlin, Milan, New York, Paris or London, or any of the dynamic destinations in the series, these unique guides represent an insider’s checklist for the design-savvy traveller.
LOCATE: Find your bearings with a city panorama and essential landmarks
EXPLORE: Our pick of the best restaurants, galleries, architecture and shops
BROWSE: Get to know the key districts using our colour-coded system
NAVIGATE: Use the interactive map to quickly find your way around town
DISCOVER: Our insider reveals the city’s hidden venues and hippest haunts
Possible issue facing some iPhone users:
We are aware of an issue affecting a small number of iPhone users when they update the content of their Wallpaper* City Guide app.
Once the update process has finished, the ‘OK’ button becomes unresponsive. If you encounter this issue please quit the app and restart it. You will then have access to the full updated content.
You may check that you have received the updated content by viewing the “Wallpaper* City Guides” section within the app. This will say “IPC Media Ltd 2014”
We apologise to anyone currently affected by this issue and we are working on releasing a fix as soon as possible.
What's New in Version 2.0
Now optimised for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, with an intuitive new design featuring over 50 high-quality images for Retina display
• Tab system allows easy access to Contents, Photos, Maps, Neighbourhoods, and Bookmarks
• Category view displays thumbnails of featured venues by type alongside addresses for quick reference, and includes an improved header for fast navigation to Contents and category overviews
• Photo view displays a grid of thumbnail images, allowing you to see all featured venues with a single swipe, filter images by category, watch a slideshow of images or tap and pinch to zoom in
• Maps view pinpoints featured venues, with the option to filter by category, search by keyword, and see your current location
• Neighbourhoods view organises venues according to region, with the option to filter by category
• Resources view lists all venues in the app in a searchable, alphabetical list
• Venue page design includes larger images, an improved header for navigating between venues, and a new toolbar enabling quick access to contact details and websites, map location, or add to Bookmarks or Contacts
• Venue pages feature in-app web browsing and a mapping interface with the option to toggle between your location and the venue, and one tap to call venues
• Bookmarks view lists your favourite venues with the option to locate all venues on a map, create an itinerary or share via email
• Sync Bookmarks between multiple iOS devices with iCloud
Requires iOS 4+ and some features require an iCloud account and/or internet access
- 4,99 €
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 28 May 2012
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 125 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Phaidon Press Limited
- © 2012 Phaidon Press Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.