Pinyin Trainer by trainchinese
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Master the sounds of Mandarin Chinese with ease!
No matter if you're a beginner or a long-time student of Chinese, its tonal nature can catch you out and even cause some serious embarrassment...
Pinyin Trainer will help you master those tones using Pinyin, the standard romanization system for Mandarin Chinese. With almost 2,000 individual audio recordings and a variety of question-and-answer methods, it'll keep you on your toes and improve your Chinese listening skills like nothing else. Plus, it's got a complete guide to reading Chinese with the Pinyin system built right in.
- Score by tapping the words that you hear
- Train both Chinese tones and Pinyin "initials" sounds, to help you distinguish between commonly-confused words
- Integrates with our Chinese-English dictionary to provide potential definitions for Pinyin words
- In tone sketching mode, answer tone questions by drawing Pinyin tones with your fingers!
- Almost 2,000 high quality original audio recordings
- Free guide to reading Pinyin, with a complete index of one-syllable Chinese sounds
What's New in Version 4.0
- iOS 7 UI compatibility
- Look up Pinyin words in Chinese-English dictionary
- Bug fixes
- Category: Education
- Updated: 10 October 2013
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Languages: English, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Molatra Limited
- © 2011 Molatra Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.