The Washington Post Classic
By The Washington Post
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay informed with award-winning national and international news, PLUS complete local news coverage of the D.C. metro area. Scan top headlines for must-read stories. Get fresh perspectives on the world from Post bloggers. Save articles for offline reading in MyPost.
• TOP HEADLINES: Quickly browse the always updating feed of today’s news and read each story in full.
• D.C. METRO NEWS: Learn what’s going on in the nation’s capitol with stories about D.C. and the surrounding metro area.
• LIVE: Follow along with our live blog coverage for up-to-the-minute updates on breakng news and events, and watch live events as they happen.
• APPLE WATCH: Along with breaking news alerts and notifications, enjoy one story per day curated and displayed through images on the Watch. We call it Big Story, Small Screen, and we hope you love it.
• BLOGS: Find out what The Post’s most insightful bloggers have to say about everything from politics to sports to pop culture.
• OFFLINE READING: Save your favorite and must-read articles to “My Post” for offline reading.
• OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access for just $14.99/month (first month FREE).
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Washington Post comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to the Washington Post Classic iPad app and The All-New Washington Post App, available on iPhone and iPad.
• PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase.
• AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew for $14.99 each month unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
• TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/terms-of-service/2011/11/18/gIQAldiYiN_story.html
What's New in Version 3.2.1
Performance fixes to article views
Other bug and crash fixes
With this release, Washington Post Classic is (finally) a Universal app. It supports all screen sizes exactly like you'd expect, including landscape on the Plus-Sized iPhones, and works in all multitasking modes. It's a first-class citizen on the iPad, and we're excited to finally get to show it to you.
Go to the Purchased tab on your iPad to find this app, for a faster, richer, and modern experience. We'll be updating this app in the future, and will be updating our current iPad app (The Washington Post Classic for iPad) to become The Washington Post Print Edition, focused on the best experience for our ePaper readers. It's all under the same subscription, and you can move back and forth using the tab on the bottom of the app.
This release also includes our new iMessage app: now, sharing a recently read article is a tap away, right inside iMessage.
Also included is the last remaining bits of support for our election coverage. We want this to be the dashboard for Election Day: keep an eye out for the live features as they pop up, and join us the day of for what's sure to be an exciting and memorable night.
We're excited to announce integration with Uber's Trip Experience API. Connect in Settings (or by responding to the in-app prompt) to see your trip status in the app while you read. We've been using it a lot, and think you're going to like having that information available at a glance.
We fixed article display bugs, design bugs, a few crashes, and more. We also added new feature types, and included a brand new Search layout with suggested searches. In addition, we split MyPost into Saved (for Saved articles) and Alerts (for your alerts dashboard).
A new, browsable article layout.
- Category: News
- Updated: 20 October 2016
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 75.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Washington Post Company
- © 1996-2015 The Washington Post Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.