Wild Swimming Britain (Full Version) - 150 hidden dips in the rivers, lakes and waterfalls of England, Scotland and Wales
By Wild Things Publishing Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Based on the best-selling travel book "Wild Swimming: 150 hidden dips in the rivers, lakes and waterfalls of Britain" by Daniel Start (Punk Publishing) this app provides all the information you need to visit hundreds of magical rivers, lakes and waterfalls across the UK. Whether you are a wild swimmer, family paddler or just enjoy a waterside picnic you will find preloaded maps, photos, directions and travel writing to inspire and inform.
Each location comes with stunning photography, detailed mapping (at 1:25,000 to help walkers and 1:250,000 to help with route-planning) and contact information for nearby pubs, campsites and attractions. We tell you about the walk in time and difficulty, water quality (you can get an update online), safety advice and provide further ideas for activities.
If you need inspiration you can browse the app by slideshow, list, photo gallery and on an interactive map. Ask the app to find places close to you, or search using postcode, address, star rating, walk-in time, keywords or features.
In this great British tour you’ll be able to swim with otters in Devon, go river-tubing in Yorkshire, night-swim under the stars in Oxfordshire and learn how to build a woodland sauna. In each area you can ready background chapters on famous wild-swimmers of the past and read stories of heroes, lovers and ordinary folk who have long enjoyed bathing under the willows. We guide you to the best places depending on your mood and company...
* Great for paddling - mainly shallow and popular with families
* Literary swims - where famous poets, writers or artists once swam
* Skinny-dipping - remote and secluded, perfect for a natural dip
* Perfect picnics - not far from car parking, with grassy banks
* Leave the car at home - 20 minutes walk of a train station
* Go cycling - on dedicated cycle trails or routes
* Canoeing and boating - you can hire a canoe or rowboat
* Pubs - a cosy pub with great food just a splash away
* Camping & night-swims - fantastic river or lakeside camping
* Jumping – famous for leaping
* Tubing and water fun – rockslides and current surfing
* Waterfalls and plunge pools – the most enchanted of all?
What's New in Version 1.02
Fixed 'Please upgrade' bug
Customers Also Bought
- 5,99 €
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 02 May 2012
- Version: 1.02
- Size: 118 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Wild Things Publishing Ltd
- © Daniel Start & Wild Things Publishing Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.