Good Parenting Through Your Divorce
The Essential Guidebook to Helping Your Children Adjust and Thrive Based on the Leading National Pro
Mary Ellen Hannibal
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Divorce has become a way of life. One million couples dissolve their unions every year, profoundly affecting millions of children. While divorce can have many negative consequences, it need not be a disaster for children. For nearly twenty years, the Kids’ Turn workshop program has been helping parents and children identify and cope with separation and divorce issues. Good Parenting Through Your Divorce distills Kids’ Turn wisdom for individual readers, presenting key topics that concern all parents and their children throughout the divorce and beyond, including:
• How to recognize, cultivate, and respond to your child’s feelings
• How divorce affects your child’s development
• How to support your child’s expressive self
• The challenge of behavior and discipline
• The dos and don’ts of shared parenting
• Understanding and managing negative reactions
• Guidelines for developing positive emotional habits
• How to manage communication with your co-parent
An essential, comprehensive guide for parents, Good Parenting Through Your Divorce helps you help your children adjust to a new family arrangement. Chapters on childhood development, discipline, healthy communication, and how to move forward make this a user-friendly, complete treatment of a common but challenging experience.