Your Handy Companion to Devising and Physical Theatre
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This book has been written to support drama teachers who want to encourage their students to use physical theatre in their work. 'Your Handy Companion to Devising and Physical Theatre' will also be useful for those students who have a genuine interest in theatre and a passion to contribute to the art form. This text has been included in the Recommended Reading list for the EdExcel Level 3 Advanced GCE in Drama and Theatre Studies and the OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Cert/Diploma in Performing Arts.
The book includes:
- An advocacy chapter on the joys of physical theatre and ensemble work.
- A simple outline on structuring the devising process.
- Exercises for building the ensemble, creating character, developing story and using theatrical devices.
- How to use masks as a theatrical device and teaching tool.
- Five Plays to Play With, five scripts that have been used to explore physical theatre. The pieces were created by members of Forbidden Theatre Company’s ensemble and presented during their Freestyle Performances. Some of the pieces will seem more polished than others but all of them illustrate how working in a stylised way can take the audience to a different world.
- 6,49 €
- Category: Performing Arts
- Published: 18 July 2011
- Publisher: Pilar Orti
- Print Length: 121 Pages
- Language: English