By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Information overload — Swamped by paper, emails, notes? Meet DEVONthink — designed to manage and organize all those disparate pieces of information that are so important to your work or studies. As you become more experienced with DEVONthink and its easy, intuitive interface, you will quickly find more exciting ways of using your data.
What DEVONthink Personal does for you:
- DEVONthink stores your documents, scanned papers, notes, bookmarks, etc. in one place. Access live web pages seamlessly from within DEVONthink to review and extract further information.
- Create RTF documents, edit them in full screen, and use smart templates to quickly add pre-styled documents. Clip data from other applications using drag-and-drop, services, or the Dock menu.
- Edit images, cross-reference documents, and annotate PDF documents using standard PDF annotations.
- Search, classify, and show relationships between your documents (automatically and language-independently) with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
- Take all your important documents with you on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with DEVONthink To Go.
- Store and view many file formats including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, Apple iWork, Skim, Mellel, and all file formats supported by Quicklook.
- Scan your papers with your scan software and file them in your database.
- Search your database also directly from Spotlight.
Based on DEVONsphere®.
What's New in Version 2.8.5
This maintenance release adds native support for ebooks and textbundle files. It also comes with better scanner support and enhanced PDF text annotations. Multiple documents are merged smarter. The new version improves tagging support for smart groups and matches Finder tags with its own counterparts by color. Custom templates can be easier created by exporting multiple items at once.
This update also improves compatibility to OS X Yosemite and fixes a number of other bugs and glitches.
- Support added for .epub and .ibooks ebooks, Textbundle packages, and ".xsd" and ".wsdl" XML files. DEVONthink Personal imports or indexes files of these types, makes them searchable, and allows to convert them to e.g. plain text. For displaying ebooks or textbundles third-party Quick Look plugins might be necessary.
- Hidden preference "DisableFinderTags" added to disable reading and writing of Finder tags.
- Scanner support.
- PDF text annotations.
- Merging documents supports unknown types and attaches them.
- Sharing extension supports files, too.
- Website export converts cross-links in Markdown documents, formatted notes, and HTML pages.
- "Tag is (not)" predicate of smart groups and advanced searches supports multiple entered tags.
- Finder labels are converted to internal labels if possible.
- Rotating PDF pages is now undoable; better selection handling after rotating or deleting pages.
- Only options relevant to the context are enabled in "Clip to DEVONthink".
- "File > Export > As Template" now supports groups and multiple selected items, e.g., to create your own project templates.
- Bookends support; Bookends no longer loses track of its attachments saved in DEVONthink Personal.
- Advertisement filter
- HTML to plain text conversion.
- Compatibility to OS X Yosemite 10.10.x.
- Overall performance and reliability.
- Interface glitches.
- Support Assistant didn't play the intro movie on OS X Yosemite.
- Sync didn't prevent creating sync stores located in cloud folders.
- Handling of database backups in case of only one archived backup.
- Archive Utility wasn't blocked on OS X Yosemite.
- Link handling of Markdown to formatted note conversion.
- .exe and .hlp files with a text HFS type were treated as plain text.
- Further minor bugs and glitches.
- USD 49.99
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 26 May 2015
- Version: 2.8.5
- Size: 22.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Developer: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2001–2015 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor