By Slinkware Limited
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Slink is the easy way to remotely access your home network. Listen to your iTunes music and watch your movies from anywhere, get the files from your home Mac or Time Capsule that you forgot to bring with you on the road, or help your parents or kids out using remote screen sharing.
Slink’s network magic makes your home network appear to be connected and all shared services automatically appear in the Finder, iTunes, iPhoto, and other applications, just as they do at home. With Slink you are only a click away from your home network, no matter where you are.
Slink supports almost all applications that use Apple’s Bonjour technology, including:
• iTunes Home Sharing;
• Screen Sharing;
• File Sharing;
• iPhoto Sharing;
• Print Sharing;
• Popular apps like: BusySync, BusyCal, Plex Media Server, ChronoSync, and Synk.
Slink’s advanced technology takes care of all the tricky network stuff. No need to know about NAT or IP addresses. Just download and install the free Slink Agent on a Mac in your home network from agent.slinkware.com. Take note of the Slink ID provided. Then install the Slink app on the Mac that you use remotely, configure it with the Slink ID, and you are ready to connect.
Some of the key features that sets Slink apart from the competition are:
• Requires almost no configuration;
• Connects to your home network without the need for dynamic DNS or manual IP address configuration;
• Gives you access to all Macs and Bonjour services on your home network;
• Automatically configures your home broadband router;
• Allows you to be connected to many remote networks simultaneously;
• The Slink Agent runs as a daemon on your home Mac, making Slink available immediately after start up;
• Based on rock solid UNIX SSH technology and all traffic is secured using strong encryption;
• Secure Firefox browsing to protect your web browsing from threats like Firesheep when using WiFi hotspots.
• Support for HTTP and SOCKS proxies to allow remote connections from locked down corporate networks;
• Always-keep-connected feature to allow you to always stay connected to your home network;
• Growl notifications for network events;
• Compression to maximize network performance.
What's New in Version 1.9.10
- Bug fixes.