ViewRanger GPS – OS Maps, Trail Navigation and Route Tracking for Walking, Hiking, Mountain Biking & Road Cycling
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It's easier than ever to discover inspiring route guides with ViewRanger 6. The new update features a fresh design and layout. View active navigation and trip data on your wrist with Apple Watch. Navigate your outdoor experience, Ordnance Survey maps and 1000's of trail guides. Perfect for exploring mountain peaks or simply days out in the countryside. Used and trusted by 90% of UK mountain and lowland search and rescue teams.
“The Great Outdoors”- Best Buy 5 stars
"The Sunday Times"- selected ViewRanger as one of their "five-star must have applications, in their guide to the best apps of the year
"T3 Magazine"- The ultimate off road GPS guide software that not only takes you places, but shows you what’s there on arrival!
FREE MAPS INCLUDED
● OpenStreetMap© & OpenCycleMap
● Bing Aerial Imagery, Ski map, Transport map
● GB Ordnance Survey overview map and 1:250.000 road atlas for England, Wales & Scotland.
Premium topographic maps are avalible for other countries across Europe, North America and also for New Zealand.
● GPS mapped location, even without mobile signal
● Offline maps* - download premium maps or create a saved map.
● Discover 1000's of route guides via the new discovery tab
● Track recording - record your journey on the map share it and even add photos.
● Sports computer stats - view distance, speed, altitude and much more.
● Real time location sharing and tracking - BuddyBeacon **
● Active Route Navigation***
● Create - POIs and tracks using waypoints.
● ViewRanger lasts even longer - powersave mode in the GPS settings
● Synchronise the app - Upload / download routes and tracks.
● Customise your profile - add profile and banner images.
● Personalised route suggestions.
● Now supports Apple Watch - active navigation and trip data on your wrist.
Already a fan of ViewRanger? Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and updates:
Free Global open-source topographic maps are available online and can be cached for offline use. Download Great Britain Ordnance Survey® Explorer 1:25,000 & Landranger 1:50,000 maps for the most detailed maps. With ViewRanger, you can choose the best map to use and you'll always know your mapped location even where there’s no mobile signal.
It’s easy to record a track of your progress, so you can view your path and stats for every trip. Your tracks can be stored using your free web account (my.viewranger.com) or shared using Facebook or Twitter, you can even add photos using Flickr, Instagram and Picasa.
You can also use BuddyBeacon, our PIN protected real-time** location sharing feature as used by the BBC One shows Children in Need rickshaw challenge team.
Planning a trip? Use ViewRanger to create & follow your own routes or simply download one from our massive library***.
Designed for hiking, walking, mountain biking, road cycling, climbing, trail running, skiing, winter sports, horse riding, greenlaning, 4x4, backpacking, air sports, photography and most outdoors activities.
*store in advance using “Create Saved Map”. ** requires mobile signal. *** may incur additional charges. Free Global maps © OpenStreetMap contributors .
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Need more info? visit: http://www.viewranger.com.
Any questions or feedback, please drop us an email: email@example.com
What's New in Version 6.0.3
Version 6.0.3 : a few little bug fixes
Version 6.0.0 : The all-new app features a fresh design, an easier to use layout and a new visual experience.
**View active navigation and trip data on your wrist with Apple Watch**
We've built a whole new section of the app dedicated to discovering and browsing a world of trails, with easy-to-use filters for your searches and personalised trail suggestions. Making it easier than ever to discover inspiring trail guides and outdoor adventures.
We’ve made it easier to remember every adventure and have rebuilt the route, track, and user profile screens.
But we’ve kept the ViewRanger you know and love with reliable maps and navigation ready to accompany you on every adventure, whether it's exploring nearby or embarking on the trip of a lifetime.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 23 April 2015
- Version: 6.0.3
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Spanish
- Developer: Augmentra Ltd
- © Augmentra Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.