Join over 300 million learners on Duolingo, the most popular way to learn languages! It’s free, fun and effective. The secret? Duolingo feels like a game and makes sure you stay motivated.
Over 30 languages to choose from - all completely free!
• "Far and away the best language-learning app." — The Wall Street Journal
• "A single app for language skills, self-improvement and digital escape." - The New York Times
• "Duolingo may hold the secret to the future of education." — TIME Magazine
• "...Duolingo is cheerful, lighthearted and fun..." - Forbes
Duolingo is changing the way people learn languages using advanced technology to personalize every lesson for you. Practice reading, writing, speaking, listening and conversation with intelligent Chatbots. Track your progress, earn rewards, and join the world’s largest community of language learners.
We offer: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Irish, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Turkish, Norwegian, Polish, Hebrew, Esperanto, Vietnamese, Ukrainian, Welsh, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, and Swahili. Oh, and English too.
While all learning content in Duolingo is free, we do offer Duolingo Plus which removes ads and provides other helpful features. If you choose to purchase Duolingo Plus, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase.
If you don’t choose to purchase Duolingo Plus, you can simply continue using Duolingo for free. Current Duolingo Plus subscription price starts at $9.99 USD/month. Prices are in U.S. dollars, may vary in countries other than the U.S. and are subject to change without notice.
Two new feature alerts:
1. Hear, hear! We've added a brand-new "listen-and-tap" exercise type for all courses, where you listen to a phrase and then tap the corresponding words from the word bank below. These exercises will be shown at earlier levels of each course so you can get a head start on improving your listening comprehension skills.
2. We’ve got some ’splainin' to do - you asked for more explanation around grammar and pronunciation, so we’re adding exactly that! Tap the new Tips icon next to certain skills to get in-depth explanations of key concepts. We’ll be adding more every week, starting with our Spanish, French and Chinese courses.
For more Duolingo news, contests and product releases, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @duolingo.
Ratings and Reviews
With its friendly approach and awesome updates, Duolingo’s long been one of our favorite apps for learning another language. Its secret: making the process genuinely fun. Engaging mini-games test your reading, writing, and speaking skills, and joining a club (where you can encourage and compete with others) adds a great social element. Bonus: all those languages and games are available for free!
👍🏻 muy buena app
Desde que le hicieron cambios a la app es demasiado chocante! La verdad la regaron. Pasara a ser de las peores! Les recomiendo Memrise!
- Duolingo, Inc
- 158.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Duolingo, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Streak Repair $59.00
- Duolingo Plus $179.00
- Duolingo Plus $179.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.