KidneyCalc (Dosage Adjustment Calculator)
De Ossus GmbH
Abre iTunes para comprar y descargar Apps.
KidneyCalc is the first iPhone app designed to help clinicians make decisions about dosage adjustments in patients with renal dysfunction. It contains elimination information and dosage recommendations for over 500 commonly used drugs. Useful for any health professional who prescribes, recommends, or assesses patients on medications.
For each drug, you are provided with:
• Recommended dosage adjustments based on whatever dosing interval you would typically choose for a particular drug
• Percent renal elimination (≥75%, 50-75%, <50%)
• Whether or not the drug has an active metabolite
• Other useful information such as whether the drug should be avoided in renal impairment, if the drug is nephrotoxic and even more
If you know your patients creatinine clearance you enter that information or you use the built-in creatinine clearance (Cockcroft-Gault) calculator.
• Easily search for drug names
• Customize/star your list of “favourite” drugs
• Automatically receive drug updates without synching to iTunes
• Easily switch between US and SI units
KidneyCalc is a collaboration between the team who brought you "MedCalc" - the top iPhone medical calculator - and "Eponyms" and a Professor of Pharmacy from the University of British Columbia in Canada.
If there are drugs you would like added please contact us.
All information presented in this application is for educational purposes solely. Nothing on KidneyCalc should be taken to constitute professional advice, a formal recommendation or a substitute for clinical reasoning.
The drug information in KidneyCalc is used with permission from the Canadian Pharmacists Association. Therapeutic Choices, 5th edition. Ottawa, Canada: 2007
Novedades de la versión 1.1.3
- Finally as tall as the iPhone 5
- Stops the re-updating after every launch. Seems unnecessary, doesn't it?
- Fixes the crash with the starred-hint popup, sorry for that!
- Categoría: Medicina
- Actualizado : 12/12/2012
- Versión: 1.1.3
- Tamaño: 1.4 MB
- Idioma: Inglés
- Vendedor: Ossus GmbH
- © 2012 Pascal Pfiffner and James McCormack
Compatibilidad: Requiere iOS 4.3 o posterior. Compatible con iPhone, iPad y iPod touch.