AIA Vitality wants to be with you every step of your health and wellness journey. To help you keep track of your progress on the go, we’ve created this mobile app. Use this app to check your AIA Vitality Points and Status, track your workouts, and even monitor your weight and BMI.
Here’s what you can do with the AIA Vitality app:
• Check your AIA Vitality Points and Status on the go
• View your recommended and/or active health goals
• Link your fitness device (e.g. Fitbit, Garmin and Polar) or free app (e.g. Moves and Apple Health) to AIA Vitality to earn points when you exercise
• Track manual workouts by entering the details of your exercise sessions and see how many calories you’ve burned¬
• Submit your health assessment results and earn points
• Get access to the e-version of your AIA Vitality membership card
• Track your weight over time
• Calculate your body mass index (BMI) and assess if you are within the healthy range
• Calculate the calories burned during a workout using the Calories burned calculator as it measures calories burned for activities such as walking, biking, swimming, and cycling.
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Only useful in counting your steps
If your only form of exercise is to count your steps where they are > 7,500 steps per day then this app is perfect for you. Otherwise, you’re just wasting your time collecting points as it fails to award any workout points.
You literally have to splurge on a fitness watch because the app is compatible with most of the higher-end models, but even that is not a guarantee whether the app will detect any of your workouts (I have a Fitbit and this app didn’t award me my workout points).
Since the day I signed up for AIA Vitality I had to email their customer service every week just so that they award me my workout points. Doing this just rendered the app useless! In addition, you have to wait 3-5 working days for them to respond.
It is not worth the hassle. I have unsubscribed to AIA Vitality because of this unusable app.
Clunky and unoptimised app
The app feels clunky and not optimised for the latest aspect ratio. Points statement doesn’t refresh properly, sometimes I have to kill and reload the app to see the correct points. Icons and graphics within the app look like they’re low resolution.
Also am I supposed to check out from your partner gym to see the points reflected? I went on Saturday and I don’t see my points reflected on the app.
It has been 2 years and there’s always a problem with the apps. I suggest AIA to reduce the monthly charge of MYR10 to a lower rate as the price we paid for vs services provided via the apps are incompatible. Bank is charging MYR12 a year with a much better quality service. Seriously, please consider this before you losing out even more users.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.