Do you enjoy watching videos on your iPad? Do you hate not being able to because your iPad cannot support the video format? Or do you hate the inconvenient and time-consuming hassle of trying to convert video formats to fit into one that your iPad can support?
This is why the AVPlayerHD was created. The AVPlayerHD can play almost any computer video file format such as AVI, Xvid, WMV and much more clearly and effortlessly. No converting hassles. Just copy files via USB and just drag and drop into the AVPlayer’s Media Explorer.
The AVPlayerHD can also support external subtitle files such as SMI and SRT. So if you enjoy watching videos on your iPad, then the AVPlayerHD is an absolute necessity.
• Video Format Extension
- Support High quality video clips ( 720P, 1080P )
- Dolby Digital (AC3), Dolby Digital Plus (EAC3)
- XVID,AVI,WMV,RMVB,ASF,H264,MKV… most of all movie file formats.
- SMI, SRT, TXT, SubStationAlpha Subtitles
• Post Processing
- High quality video processing
• Control the playback speed (From 0.5X to 2.0X)
- User setting support
-Sweep to the left : move to backword 10 sec
-Sweep to the right : move to forward 10 sec
-Sweep to the top : 1.5X speed
-Sweep to the down : normal speed
• Additional features
- Supports Split View
- Supports Picture in Picture mode ( h.264 format with H/W decoding )
- Rotation Lock / Aspect ratio Control
- Folder Management:Pass code/Move/Rename/Create
- Resume play from last position
- Scrubbing search
- supports e-mail attachment by "Open In" feature
• USB/WIFI Transfer
1. How to add video with USB
- Run iTunes 9.1 or above
- Device->My Device(My iPad)->Apps, drag and drop files to the AVplayerHD's documents
2. Support High quality video clips ( 720P, 1080P )
- High quality video clips of 720P (1280 x 720) or more are recommended for MP4 format.
- MP4, MOV, M4V formats that QuickTime supports can be played up to 1080P by using H/W Decoder but, Post Processing function isn’t provided.
- Support H/W decoding for MKV and AVI (720P supported on iPad1, 1080P supported on iPad2 / The New iPad)
- Hybrid decoding mode is added and now it is able to play high resolution videos by using hardware accelerator feature embedded in iPhone/iPad even for mkv or avi in h264. Also battery use time has extended.
- Application may crash in iPhone 3GS / iPod Touch due to heavy use of memory in Hybrid decoding. Try turning off all application running in background and reboot the device by holding down sleep mode button for long time.
- If screen shakes it means hardware decoding is not supported. Try turning off hybrid decoding.
- When the file formats are available for MKV or AVI the player supports hardware decoding.
- If you cannot choose audio in mp4 or avi, change the extension to mkv temporarily and chosen audio channel will be applied.
3. The optimal speed when advancing its playing speed can differ depending on the way it’s compressed and the size.
Video clips of XVID (AVI) 720 x 480 can be fast played up to 1.3-1.5 times faster than normal.
Fixed the problem that the Inbox doesn't appear after "share and copy to ..." on iOS 11.
Fixed the bug AVPlayerHD doesn't start streaming when launched by URL scheme from other Apps such as "FileBrowser".
Ratings and Reviews
Not supporting Chromecast
Chromecast is so popular now but surprisingly this app does not support it. So you cannot cast movies to your TV. Chromecast support is very important to me.
Great app, but the latest release has been really buggy. Even when I activate the "automatically play next video" option, it doesn't do so, and the app automatically closes itself and locks the ipad. Also, the audio no longer plays in the background after I close the app anymore. Hope that can be restored. And this has been a problem i've had since the first few versions of the app, but when i play my anime, it doesn't show all the subtitles... some sentences are missing, but this might just be a problem with the subtitle encoding and not the actuall app itself, but it would be nice if future apps could support those specialised subtitles... Still a solid app, worth the money, especially if the bugs are removed.
Best Media Player for the most affordable price, hope for better looking UI
Ha, this player is just simply amazing! Even though I got it early and yet to get dual audio. The developers take feedback and continue to update it. Now not only it got dual audio support, subtitles ,it could play nearly every video files without much of a hiccup! Frame rate is stable and never lags, and the subtitle was timed well better than other players.
Definite worth it's price!
I hope for a more practical looking UI, the updated UI is great, but the front page look a little too fancy. Hope that the front UI look a little like the older version, practical yet cool looking!
- 50.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2010 eplayworks
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.