By Bloom Built, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
2014 Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Five mice. A Mac app that's so nice, you'll actually maintain your journal." —Macworld
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Quick entry window in menu bar (Mac version)
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
• Command-line interface for power users
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your Mac devices with Dropbox or iCloud (iOS sync with purchase of iOS app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
• Automated local backups
## Sharing ##
• Tweet entries
• Check-in with Foursquare (iOS version)
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
Promotional image backgrounds courtesy of John Carey / fiftyfootshadows.net
What's New in Version 1.10.1
- Text rendering in Read view fixed.
- Day One Sync performance improvements.
- Other minor improvements.
Great for journalling with the support of Markdown
I’ve been using this application for the last 2 years and it’s been great. The mere fact that I can get my thoughts down easily and without having to lift my finger off the keyboard due to the use of markdown makes it even better.
I’ve got Day One on iOS as well, so the integration with Dropbox makes it seemless in me being able to start a quick entry on the mobile and then finishing it off on the desktop version.
Let’s just see what the next major upgrade will bring. Would totally recommend this application to all my family and friends.
Simple, Clean and Beautiful
This is my first time spending $9.99 for an apps. Is totally worth it.
If you are looking for something
* Easy to handle
* Clean over look
* Easy to export your journal into PDF
* Selecting either icloud, dropbox or their dayone server, this will be ur choice
*** Best feature for me is the apps will ask either using todays date to enter the content or using the date of the photo taken to enter the content. I found out this is the best feature at all !
highly recommended DayOne as your personal daily Journal !!