De Steno Games
By Chaoji Li
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app has six classic text games with sounds and music, and it is fully accessible with Voice Over. The six games were originally developed by Richard L. De Steno, and were very popular with people who were blind or had low vision back in the 90's. A blind person would use a screen reader, which is a piece of software that allowed a person who was blind or had low vision to play these games just like a sighted person. Here is a description of the six games.
1. Atlantic City Blackjack: This game of blackjack is played by the rules set by the NJ Casino Commission.
2: Casino: This game has a selection of four games which are blackjack, slot machine, flash poker, and minibaccart.
3. Dodge City Desperados: You are the sheriff of the wild west town of Dodge City. Your mission, take out the Desperado Brothers before they take you out.
4. Destination Mars: In this game you will be taking a 35 million mile trip from the Earth to Mars, but it won't be easy. You will encounter different obstacles on this journey. Good luck space pilot
5. Run for President: Ever wanted to be president? Well, in this game you are a candidate running around the United States on a Monopoly style board in a bid to beat the computer and become president of the United States of America.
6. Sounds Like: In this word game, you must try to figure out the hidden word from the clues that are given.
- Turn on Voice Over before playing the games. It will read the screen changes automatically.
- This app was put together by the following people: Michael Barnes, Chaoji Li, Richard L. De Steno, Jeffrey Dawson.
- Category: Games
- Released: 30 November 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 3.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Chaoji Li
- © (C) 2011, Chaoji Li
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.