Get a safe and reliable ride in minutes with Grab transportation booking service (formerly GrabTaxi / MyTeksi). With the largest pool of drivers in Southeast Asia, Grab offers the fastest transport booking service for taxis, private cars and motorbikes.
We connect our driver community to your transportation needs for every price point:
• GrabTaxi: Book a budget or premium taxi from Southeast Asia’s largest network of drivers.
• GrabCar: Ride in comfort of a private car service and pay a fixed fare for your ride.
• GrabBike: Get around in quickest way possible - as a bike passenger.
• GrabHitch: Hitch a ride or give someone a lift with our social carpooling community.
• GrabShare: Carpool with another party heading in the same direction and save up to 30% more on fares.
• JustGrab: Get the nearest vehicle, either a taxi or car, so you can be on your way faster!
• GrabFamily: Enjoy peace of mind, with a child friendly booster seat for your youngest travellers.
• GrabExpress: Send your parcels and documents with a delivery service you can trust.
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab invests heavily in safety training for drivers, offline driver screenings, in-app safety features like number masking, personal accident insurance coverage, and safety education and partnerships with the government.
Pay by cash, credit card or GrabPay Credits - the choice is yours. You’ll get an email receipt immediately after your ride.
How to Grab:
1. Download the app for free and register your account
2. Start booking! The app auto-detects your location for pick-up. Choose your destination.
3. Choose what kind of transportation you need - taxi, private cars or motorbikes.
4. Confirm a driver and track them as they make their way to you
Did you know:
You can use the same Grab app to book rides in all 8 countries: Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Myanmar and Cambodia.
Fresh in is a brand new booking experience...
• Always pick the right location with suggestions, search, or simply by adjusting the map
• Less clutter on the map screen, focusing on trip options that matter
• A more beautiful experience overall, no more annoying green screen as we find you a driver!
… and a completely redesigned rewards catalogue
• Find rewards easily by category
• Say goodbye to the endless scroll, just filter and sort to find exactly what you want
• Discover special deals that keep it fresh!
Ratings and Reviews
CAN’T BOOK A CAB FOR PAST HALF HOUR
I am sitting here writing this review as I’m waiting for my cab to get here after what seemed like an eternity to finally secure one. How is it possible that even after the Uber takeover, Grab has got from bad to worse. Uber was always ALWAYS reliable. No hickups at all in the past few years of its service here in Malaysia before its untimely demise (RIP it will be sorely missed). The latest version of the app looks pretty I’ll give it that but the fact that the two occasions I needed Grab to get me somewhere and it failed me miserably gives me no motivation to ever want to use it again. If I needed to get somewhere urgently, I know that Grab will not be the app to depend on. Perhaps after Uber has exited the market, Grab thinks it has the monopoly in the ridesharing market here and so time for them to rest on their laurels. You would also think that there would be more drivers available now since Uber is no longer in Malaysia but nooo, I keep having to see the “Sorry, all drivers are busy” prompt over and over again for the past 30 mins of waiting. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?? Are the drivers colluding to cause a surge pricing or something?? What the heck is Grab doing about this? I mean I know it’s not my phone’s problem because I redownloaded the app, force quit the app, restarted my phone, turned on airplane mode as advised more than a zillion times in the last half hour and nothing worked. Grab is not the future, it is an utter nightmare.
Innovative product but efficiency and accuracy are getting poorer
Good substitute for transport and I have been a fan of the services that your company provides but recently I notice that the drivers' acceptance rate are very low. This has affected my daily travelling schedule to work as I have to wait for average 20mins (before that it was only 10mins) before drivers arrive at my place.
Besides that, I personally think it is ridiculous to estimate the driver's arrival time using radial distance from the rider. The place I live is half-surrounded by KTM railroad and a highway. I'm always matched to drivers who are on the other side of the railroad and highway and the app would show that the driver is only 2mins away but in fact there is no way the driver can reach my place in that short amount of time (in reality it takes around 20mins), unless the driver cuts horizontally through the railroad and highway - which is impossible. Something has to be done about this to give the rider a better estimation of arrival time.
Because of the longer and inaccurate waiting time, I'm currently starting to look for a better alternative to go to work.
Ridiculous high fares when in high demand
Good ride hailing app when not in high demand. I usually use this app to commute from my place to the lrt which is a 5 minute drive. However, i noticed that even when its not peak hours on weekends and weekdays around 9pm, the fares are ridiculously high. More than double in fact. What causes this? I noticed that there are many grab cars available at my pick up location but the fares are still high. No traffic whatsoever in that location. I suggest that the high fares be lesser than double (depending on the distance and time if there is no traffic) because spending RM 17 bucks for a 5 min drive isn't economical and costly. (Normal rate is RM 7-8). Watch your fare’s volatility or rather cap them so that the fares don't seem ridiculous.
On the app: i noticed recently I have been getting - - mins for drivers arrival and the screen shows the map of the world instead of my current location. When this happens, I cant communicate with the driver as the chat box and call option is greyed out. This eventually lead to cancellation of my ride by the driver. On my second try, I did not get this problem. Kindly look into it. Thanks
- GRABTAXI HOLDINGS PTE. LTD.
- 245.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Burmese, Cambodian, Indonesian, Malay, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © GrabTaxi Holdings
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.