By Yannis S. Arvanitis
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Special Holiday Pricing through 01/31/11 ***
Learning Mandarin Chinese? Now you can review and practice writing your Chinese characters any time, anywhere!
- Enter your own characters, so you can personalize your vocabulary.
- Each character contains Hanzi, Pinyin, and a definition, so you can focus your learning on the aspects important to you.
- NOTE: this app DOES NOT come preloaded with characters.
- Quiz yourself on the characters you’ve entered: prompted by either the definition or the Pinyin, write the character, and then compare it with the Hanzi defined with the character.
- Optionally view the animated stroke order (as you entered it) to reinforce writing style. Each time you write a character, you learn it a little better.
- Browse and edit the characters you’ve entered, so you can update translations as you learn more about the language.
- Save your quiz state and resume it later (this becomes particularly useful as your vocabulary increases).
Hanzi Flash will allow you to take ownership of your learning of Mandarin Chinese.
Developed by Tasha Arvanitis...I use this program in my own studies, so any suggestions for improvements are welcome.
- USD 2.99
- Category: Education
- Released: 20 August 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Yannis Arvanitis
- © 2010 Tasha Arvanitis
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.