By Thomas Clulow
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Height Finder quickly and accurately calculates the altitude and elevation at your current location and at other locations around the world.
• Calculates current altitude or elevation
• Uses GPS for accurate altitude results
• Uses global mapping database for elevation
• Can display elevation on your home screen
• Can display all readings in feet or metres
• Shows increases and decreases as you move
• Custom artwork and animations
• Completely ad-free
Height Finder calculates your current altitude and elevation both indoors and outdoors, and even in areas with no network coverage.
The data is updated in real time as the device moves, and an on-screen arrow indicates the increase or decrease in altitude.
Tapping the on-screen reading will toggle between feet and meter display modes.
For best results outdoors and in areas with no network coverage, launch the app and allow the device a couple of minutes to obtain a strong GPS signal.
ELEVATION ON APP ICON
Please note that although every effort has been made to minimise power consumption, using this feature can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.1
• Improved speed and accuracy
• Improved reliability of App Icon badge
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 11 November 2013
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Thomas Clulow
- © Two Two Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.