iPhiGéNie, maps of France
By Max Barel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iPhiGéNie is the tool of choice for outdoor maps in FRANCE, BELGIUM, Spain, Italy, Germany and Norway. Apple Watch compatible. Now in 3D.
There are GPS applications with French topographic maps inside, iPhiGéNie brings you ALL maps from National Geographic Institute, with a GPS inside.
Maps display on the Apple Watch.
Coordinates: géographic, UTM, MGRS, Lambert, DFCI. Nautic units.
FRANCE: road maps are free, topographical maps are available on subscription (7 days free use trial).
IN APP PURCHASES
* MODULE Vmax. Optional, permanent purchase. Adds extended features. See below.
* SUBSCRIPTION to Géoportail. Gives access to French topographics maps, photos, cadastral and more. Yearly or monthly. Recurring by default. See conditions below.
IMPORTANT: Every MAP displayed once IS KEPT ON THE DEVICE and is available even with no network (off-line mode).
* OPTION Provisional cache. This anual option allows to automatically load every layer and scale you select in areas that you can define as you like. Loads maps with no need to display manually.
* OPTION French coastal maps (marine and terrestrial combo). Lasts one year.
* OPTION French aviation OACI map. Lasts one year.
All above options are available for ANNUAl subscription only..
* SUBSCRIPTION to Cartoweb. Gives access to topographic maps of BELGIUM. Not related to Géoportail subscription and options. Yearly. Recurring by default. See conditions below.
ESRI topographic wold coverage included in Geoportail subscription.
SPAIN, CATALONIA, NORWAY,ITALY, GERMANY: FREE topographical maps from national mapping authotity
FREE WORLD-WIDE coverage though OpenStreetMap/OpenCycleMap.
On all these maps, iPhiGéNie displays your exact location. Any map seen is automaticaly kept in the device for off-line availability.
* With optional Vmax module:
- Waypoints/POI management, with photos: Add, file, annotate, export-import in GPX file format.
- Tracks and route: Recording, manual creation and editing, following, export-import in GPX file format.
- Automatic downloading of maps along a predefined track.
- iCloud sharing for tracks and waypoints.
- Search address or any toponym present on a French map. Automatic creation of relevant waypoint.
- "GPS beacon" feature: People you authorize can follow your position on topographic maps. No tracking is done unless you activate it.
- Follow your friends beacon: Automatic update of followed positions. Very handful to find each other in the middle of nowhere or see how far are your fellows.
- One time purchase. Vmax module is a definitive purchase. You may use it with no Geoportal valid subscription, dispaying tracks and waypoints on available free maps.
- GPS "beacon": Warning, you should never engage security on the availability of this feature.
- On iPod, no GPS position.
- GPS and battery lasting: the GPS is shut down when the application is sent to background, if there is no activated function requiring it (track recording, "GPS beacon"). Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery lasting.
- English speaking users are welcome to ask any question in the English section of the forum on the support web site.
- Recurring subscriptions to map services
- Yearly and monthly (F) subscription.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of the free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to Geoportail map service.
What's New in Version 7.1.3
Bug fix for a crash at launch on pre-iOS8 devices, when an ID was entered in preferences to share tracks.
Minor update to cope with an evolution on the iGN server concerning altimetric date used for 3D.
* Add a new automatic drawing mode when creating a track on French territories. Path automtically follows trails (pedestrian mode) when the map is displayed at a scale of 1/100k or more. When displaying lower scales (road maps), the track drawing use the "car" mode and follows roadways. This new mode simplifies and speeds up a lot the track drafting.
- 3D, blue screen bug when activating 3D in horizontal mode is fixed.
- Fixes printing feature, broken for large screens.
- Fixes an occasional failure connecting to licenses server.
- Mini-bug when modiying notes on details sheet where the keyboard did not show is fixed.
Fix the map clipping algorithm that caused a crash on certain configuration of devices and iOS versions.
Displays maps in 3D.
3D view will probably become a must for mountains hiking. Try and love it. This is a real improvement to appreciate the relief, when combined with good topographic maps.
iPhiGéNie can display in 3D every layer displayed in 2D, on all French territories covered by French iGN. Caribean islands, Réunion are now 3D too.
In addition to the classic "aerial" view, usual for 3D rendering, iPhiGéNie also offers an original "subjective camera" view that puts you into the relief.
Map clipping at borders. When using iPhiGéNie close to a state border, it is now possible to automatically cut-out the blank areas over the border, on the foreground map, to see-though the layer selected as the background.
"Glance" is back in the Watch app.
Improved tiles loading using simultaneous transfers.
Improved tiles management for slope > 30 ° by sharing resources with 3D.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 15 June 2016
- Version: 7.1.3
- Size: 32.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French
- Developer: Max Barel
- © Max Barel
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- GeoportailUSD 14.99
- iPhiGéNie VmaxUSD 5.99