iSpeedCam (Traffic Speed Camera Alert)
By Levente Szelyes
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to iSpeedCam - the most advanced Traffic Enforcement Camera warning system for the iPhone world. It handles various types of traffic cameras, speed limits in metric and imperial unit systems, and a map feature using Apple Maps enhanced with track recording, provided you have internet connection (!) and it issues various statistics about your routes. As most radar detectors draw your attention too late about photo enforcement systems, iSpeedCam might be your ultimate companion to avoid costly speed tickets.
- Alerts for fixed traffic cameras and regular police stakeout spots, red light cameras
- Editable speed camera database
- One-touch Add / Remove camera
- POI backup and restore feature
- Import your personal POI files from the supporting web application (Currently it supports the Garmin, MapMonkey, MIO and IGO formats)
- Graphical GPS tracking*
- Track statistics
- Metric / Imperial unit system
- Multitasking support*
- Battery power saving mode
- Thorough help
- More ...
iSpeedCam has an impressive speed trap database covering the European Countries, UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and all Asian countries in the world-wide version of the application. Nevertheless, we are aware that there are no official camera databases, and the available traffipax databases either show superfluous camera locations or lack them all together, regardless of their claim. iSpeedCam allows you to tailor the camera database with one touch by adding new cameras or filtering out the unwanted ones. Later on, you can backup and restore these cameras directly from your device.
Among various useful features you have the ability to import your favorite POI files, that contain the cameras for your locations. Download or create your own Garmin, MapMonkey, MIO or IGO speed camera (POI) files and sync it to your device using the supporting web application.
FOLLOW YOUR ROAD
While you are on the road iSpeedCam displays the outline of your current track overlaid on Apple Maps and calculates a several statistics about it, e.g. your track distance, its total time, maximum speed achieved, etc. These tracks are recorded and saved in the iSpeedcam's database, so you will be able to review them later. The GPS tracking feature works with and without internet connection as well.
TAILOR IT TO YOUR NEEDS
iSpeedCam works both with the metric and imperial unit systems, so you can customize not only the speed camera database, but also the warning distances, the camera types to be warned about, etc.
You also have FREE UPDATE to the newest version, where among other new features you can use your Facebook account to Like or Share the application.
Access your FREE iSpeedCam account (http://www.ispeedcam.com/upload) via Facebook, where you can:
- Link devices to your Facebook account
- Sync custom POI files across multiple devices
- Display your custom POI files on Google Maps
* Note: Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Become a fan of iSpeedCam on Facebook:
What's New in Version 2.3.4
- USD 3.99
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 16 November 2015
- Version: 2.3.4
- Size: 15.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Levente Szelyes
- © 2009-2015 Codespring, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Database 2010.09.20USD 0.99