Welcome to our Maybank MY app which is simpler and easier than ever before. Our Maybank MY app seamlessly plays a part in your life without getting in the way of it. It is loaded with features to help you get on with what is important to you, now.
A fresh and intuitive way to view all your accounts with an improved user experience. Simply use your fingerprint or face recognition to unlock your account.
Logging in to Maybank2u, performing transactions and paying your bills are now faster. Because we want to make every second count for you.
We want to ensure that your account is always protected. For a safer banking transaction, you won't be able to access the app from a rooted or jailbroken device. With this new app, you can also tie your device to your Maybank2u access and Secure2u — to give you the assurance that only you can control and access your account, as well as authorising your transactions.
Download and experience it for yourself today.
What's in store for you:
MAE – My Absolute e-Wallet
The only e-wallet with banking convenience that’s built for your mobile lifestyle. Check out some of these cool new features:
• Open an account instantly on the app — no branch visit needed!
• Send and request money, whenever and wherever.
• Pay and split the bill with friends and family.
• Book flights and movie tickets on a whim.
Cashless is the way to go. Scan and make payments from your preferred account, instantly. You can also make a peer-to-peer transfer to your friends or family via QRPay.
Simplicity gives you total control. You can now view your account balances at a glance with just a left or right swipe.
Sharing is even easier. Send money to your friends and family right from your mobile without having to add them as 'Favourites'.
DuitNow, Mobile Transfer & Cardless ATM Withdrawal
Instant is now at your fingertips. No account number? Not a problem. Send cash to anyone with just a mobile number!
Seamless gives comfort, just like how you can view and pay your bills instantly.
Convenience gives you peace of mind, because now you can reload your mobile number on the go to constantly stay connected.
Reliability gives you confidence. You can authorise web and mobile transactions conveniently with Secure Verification and Secure TAC. No more waiting for SMS TAC.
Flexibility saves time. Add your transactions as Favourites, so you can perform them again in fewer steps!
Apply for M2U Premier Current Account, Credit Card and Personal Loan
Enjoy the convenience of applying for a separate Maybank account or getting instant approval for a Credit Card and Personal Loan from anywhere you want!
Renewal of Etiqa Motor Insurance and Takaful
Request for a quote on your insurance plan as well as renew your Etiqa Motor Insurance and Takaful instantly via the Maybank app.
Maybank MY app will seek permission for the following:
• Access to your camera to enable you to scan QR code, access your accounts using Face ID and also upload documents when you apply for a new product or service.
• Access to your contact directory to give you the convenience of selecting your contacts when you make a transaction to a mobile number.
• Access to your location to offer you the most relevant marketing promotions or deals by our merchant partners while you are on the go.
• Access to your audio phone to enable you to record your voice for Biometric activation and make a direct call to the bank's hotline.
• Access to your device's storage to give you the option to store the Maybank MY app in an SD Card.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Check MAE out — the only e-wallet with banking convenience that’s built for your mobile lifestyle. Looking to open a bank account online? Pay and split bills with friends after a night out? Buy movie tickets on the go?
It’s gotta be MAE.
Download this new update and experience a whole new banking convenience.
Ratings and Reviews
Apple Pay and Apple Wallet
Maybank, can you start supporting Apple’s Apple pay so that I can bring only my phone when going out, because most the shop near my house accept paywave already. I think the system should be the same for apple pay right? I really need this feature! Malaysia can be up to par with another country too! Let Maybank be the first bank to offer this in Malaysia! I already love love love your app. Make me love Maybank more for the Apple pay/wallet feature kayysss.
And one more suggestion, can you put for each transaction the amount we use for that transaction and the remaining balance after the transaction, like on each transaction. For example my balance is RM100. I did a transaction of RM20, can you like out a small bit under the transaction, the remaining balance is RM80, then if i do another transaction of let say RM10, put the remaining balance RM70. sometimes I like to trace back the Money OUT and remaining balance. Also for MONEY IN, if current balance is RM100, someone put RM50, can you put the balance now is RM150 underneath that transaction, I know you got the bigggg balance on top, but, I need to know for each transaction: I like to trace back, Now if I want to trace back, I need to manually calculate it. That’s not user friendly for me. hehe ok
Overall good, but some misgivings
Why is it the app is unable to retrieve transaction history even if we can view them on the web now? We can only view M2U transactions via app but not everything goes through M2U only in the real world.
Also, still waiting for multi-user access. Some of us manage funds for our families, etc. Having single-user access makes the app not user-friendly as we still need to use the web to log in alternative user(s). Despite glib assurances when this ‘new’ was launched, there has been zero progress so far.
For an app to be useful, especially a banking app, it has to be able to at least provide basic info and usability. If you have not used the old app before or other banking apps, then the snazzy experience might be cool. But we are talking banking here so this new ‘upgraded’ app should not have been released before it was really ready.
Developer Response ,
Hi, inconvenience caused is much regretted. Kindly disable the fingerprint function for your device & turn off the 'QUICK TOUCH' function for your Maybank App so that you're not able to access the Quick Balance function. Once you disable the 'QUICK TOUCH' function, you may login Maybank2u by entering the M2U password.
At the moment, the multiple access is allowed for up to 3 accounts (individual account only). Hence business current account/M2U Biz/Sole Proprietorship account is not allowed. Rest assured, we are enhancing the app progressively.
Not user friendly app without relevant info
M2U does provide many features and functions which arguably one of that best in Malaysia. However, I noted that there's a few enhancements needed for improvement, as below:
1. There's no print receipt of the transfer is done via m2u apps. Why is this so? Previously, I need to login to the website to retrieve it. But, I realised that this time around the reprint receipt no longer availablein m2u. Further, the mobile app does not have reprint receipt functions, thus it's inconvenienced without such info when it should be readily available anytime.
2. There's no function to link to own Maybank account. For example, if there's credit card or loan or hire purchase, it should enable user to link it and tranfer the fund seamlessly instead of creating payee.
3. There should be consolidated future payments and standing instructions. Rather that user have to remember if it's under favorite payee, future recurring payments or standing instructions.
Hopefully, the app can be further enhanced to ensure better user interface and connectivity for ￼customer's convenience.
Developer Response ,
Hi, any inconvenience is much regretted. We appreciate on the feedback given. We will forward to the relevant unit for attention. Thank you.
- Malayan Banking Berhad
- 85.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Gambling and Contests
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Malayan Banking Berhad
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.