By X-Soft (Germany) ; T.R.S.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The application helps you to solve 5 popular types of
a) Pyramid :
The value c directly above 2 fields a and b in the line below is computed using
the formula c = a+b , c=a*b , c=a/b or c=a-b
(with fraction and decimal number support)
b) "Count the digits"
A popular question in TV quiz shows:
How often can you find a certain digit in a block of numbers ?
(e.g the digit 3 in the numbers between 0 and 99)
You can enter values from an external riddle or try to solve
2 built-in riddles.
d) editor for numeric riddles where numbers and operators are represented by matches
e) numeric and interactive 3D editor for block riddles
(i.e. a set of numbers in a 2D matrix represents a set of bars with different height values in 3D space)
A predefined 'hill' and 'mountain' shape (with pinch-support to optionally change the shape of the mountain) can be selected.
Riddle types a) and c) can be solved step by step or completely in one step using
the [GO]/[go] button (with the same user-interface as realized in "Mathematics Tool").
Pinch and scroll support for the first 3 riddle types allows magnification of interesting areas,
easier entry of digits and the selection of a specific number-block for counting in
riddle type b)
Depending on user interest riddle type d) might be extended
with an automatic solving aid in upcoming versions.
application languages : English and German
(switched by horizontal scrolling of the help-page)
What's New in Version 2.2
- task #1 : context sensitive information bubble on screen about virtual keyboard usage
- task #3 :
- added a sample matches equation (labelled '#2')
- more sensitive digit selection
- permanent 'INS' key
- the 'DEL' key removes a number when 0 has been reached
- graphical display of possible match moves for a user-selected digit (with tap support to perform the move)
- task #5 : pinching in and out is now possible for the probability bowl (this enhances ball color-switch performance
on smaller iOS device screens)
- task #10 : Bingo number generator with dutch,german and english text output for a selected number
- task #11 : Caesar cipher wheel (ROT-n , shift-cipher)
- USD 1.99
- Category: Education
- Updated: 14 November 2013
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 0.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Ulrich Penski
- © Ulrich Penski 2009
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.