Special Operations Forces Medical Handbook
By ThatsMyStapler Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Special Operations Forces Medical Handbook (SOFMHB) offers the user the most incredible single-source resource of medical information written in plain straight-forward language. Anyone who anticipates being in a situation where medical care would be difficult to procure, i.e. a long hunt, a sailing trip, volunteer mission abroad or possible future disruption to local emergency services, would do well to include this reference with their gear.
Full of practical information about coping with any kind of medical emergency in less than optimum situations, this quick reference guide is packed with the diagnostic and treatment info you need to stay alive and well where there is no doctor, dentist or professional medical help.
This latest digital edition of the Special Forces Medical Handbook is the work of over 130 contributors and 57 reviewers from both the military and civilian practice. The handbook is now the unified reference for the standard of health care delivery under adverse and general field conditions for combat medics in all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces.
This manual is not a first aid book. Although written for special operations medical personnel, remote-duty paramedics, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and civilians dealing with medical issues in primitive or austere conditions will all find the manual very useful. It emphasizes acute care in all its forms: gynaecology, general medicine, paediatrics, dentistry, poisonings, infestations, parasitic infections, diseases and infections, environmental exposure (hyper and hypothermia, high altitude, aerospace, and dive medicine), veterinary medicine, sanitation practice and much much more.
Treatment protocols are organized by symptoms and affected organ system. Topics are covered in a consistent subjective/objective/assessment/plan (SOAP) format. It is organized according to symptoms, organ systems, specialty areas, operational environments and procedures. Diagnoses are made easier with information on the distinctive features of each illness. Questions are listed to quickly obtain an accurate patient history and perform a complete physical examination. Each procedure is organized by What, When, What You Need, What to Do and What Not to Do.
Quotes about the SOFMHB :
- "I am a volunteer that does wilderness medicine and relief work in the third world. This book has everything and more that you would ever need to use. This is not just for conflict medicine though that is well covered."
- "A concise read for viral, bacterial, and parasitic diseases, with pictures, charts and graphic instructions for many conditions, every medical personnel working outside major metropolitan areas should have one. This is one publication that will definitely save lives and improve badly needed medical aid for the sick. Every field hospital can use the information contained in this book."
- "This is the most comprehensive and detailed medical guide out today. If you have a medical background of an EMT or greater, you'll appreciate this manual. Great reference to add to a preparedness library or for your remote camping or hunting location. If it's not in this book, then there's a chance you don't need to know it. If you must buy only one medical reference book this is the one!!"
- "I recommend this book to anyone who travels outside of the country on mission trips or if your going camping or to the battlefield. This books covers everything from triage to paediatrics."
Key Features of this app:
* Content is based on the 2010 SOFMHB Second Edition - Digital Version
* Heavily illustrated with anatomical drawings and full color images in context
* Easy to use interactive table of contents navigation
* Advanced search capabilities
* Bookmark any subject
* Easy Navigation: Swipe left/right to view to the next/previous subject
* 250 Microscopic Images
* Over 160 Color Illustrations & Diagrams
* Over 400 Clinical Images
* Hyperlinked References
What's New in Version 1.2.1
iPad layout fixes
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 09 December 2015
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 106 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: 784767 Alberta Inc.
- © thatsmystapler.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.