The Strange & Wonderful World of Ants
By Amos Latteier
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore the amazing world of the ants! The Strange & Wonderful World of Ants is a beautifully designed, educational, and quirky children's iPad App. Its adjustable reading level making it appealing to a wide range of children and adults.
Readers can increase the reading level for more detail and challenging vocabulary, or dial it down for easier reading. The app features beautiful, detailed illustrations and subtle animation. Follow E.O. the Ant, your interactive tour guide, as she races about the screen giving an ant's point of view. The app offers science education with humor and spirit. It's perfect for young scientists six and older. Younger readers can enjoy it with a parent.
• Dynamically adjustable reading level. Appropriate for readers aged 6-12. Younger readers can enjoy the app with a parent.
• Gorgeous design. Stunning illustrations and interactive animations.
• Educational science content. Makes it fun to learn about the weird and inspiring world of the ants.
Featured by Apple on the iTunes home page.
Amos Latteier is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: all
Categories: Science, Book
What's New in Version 2.0
• Added optional spoken narration for beginner reading level
• Added optional background music
• Added glossary
• Added questions for discussion
• Added ant website and book links
• Added acknowledgements
• Added start over button on the last page
• Added a new page about doorkeeper ants
• Edited text for clarity, typos, and improved reading level
• Improved layout to make text easier to read on some pages
• New icon
• Now requires iOS 4.2 (or greater)
• EO now comes to you when you tap the screen
• EO's comments are now tailored to the reading level
• Improved image quality (especially noticeable in highly enlarged images such as the ant on the child's toe)
• Improved memory usage
• Improved feedback and navigation instructions