Telling Island Stories
By University of Prince Edward Island, Robertson Library
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Prince Edward Island has a long and storied History. The Telling Island Stories (TIS) is a geographic discovery tool that shares Island stories with the wider world. Built at the University of Prince Edward Island's Robertson Library, TIS leverages historic digital audio, text, image, map, and plant sample collections preserved using the Robertson Library's Islandora open-source digital repository framework.
TIS provides multiple ways to interact with historic materials. With TIS you are able to view historic images, audio, text, and maps on an interactive map of Prince Edward Island. The map interface enables users to keyword search all the content presented on the map. Using the Content Portal users are able to interact with selected collections based on media type, themed multi-media “Stories” collections, and by specific selected Community Collections.
Telling Island Stories allows you to:
* Navigate an enriched and interactive map of PEI populated with community specific interviews, texts, and images
* Listen to community elders recount the oral histories of PEI's communities
* Read PEI's local histories
* View historic images from across PEI
* View and learn about the natural plant life of PEI
* View historic maps of PEI
* Share content using social media
Future versions of TIS will allow user contribution as well as the continued addition of new historic materials and collections.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- Progress bar for downloaded PDfs
- Bug fix for map content