Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Produce animations for live storyboarding, videos, VJing, shows, vision and concept presentations. Explore frequency, rhythm and resonance in time-based visual media. Project dynamic digital graffiti. Create unique pixel art.
Communicate ideas, concepts, visions and dreams.
Export clips to MPEG-4 for arrangement and masking in video editors. Explore the basic film and movie concepts of "frame" and "time" supported by experience. Frame by frame and live drawing into the movie clip.
"Paint" a movie clip.
The idea "behind" XAN is not to copy the existing world like for example by shooting a movie, but instead to visualize and communicate time based structures emerging directly from your mind.
- Communicate visions and concepts which can not be done by other techniques
- Produce storyboards for movie projects and general storytelling
- Surface ideas by using XAN as a feedback amplifier
- Discover new forms of communication
- Learn or teach the principles of animation, of "frame" and "time"
- Create movie clips for "VJing"
- Explore and get trained regarding rhythm and resonance
- Create dynamic digital graffiti
- Make "personal message" identity clips (presentation mode)
- Use exported MPEG-4 clips as base material in video editors
- Create static pixel art (http://www.zazzle.com/structuredsilence)
- Just play around for creativity stimulation
The visual representation is black and white because with XAN you are not painting with color but you are painting with time.
XAN is defined by the following design criteria:
- Two basic modes :
- - direct spacetime manipulation
- - timeframe by timeframe creation
- - - and the vast creative space that unfolds in between
- Full immersive, - fullscreen, for undisturbed creative feedback flow
- Adjustable time depth and speed to explore the time dimension
- Design with "pixel look":
- - black & white squares (four sizes)
- - speed dependent (a bit like airbrush or hard charcoal)
- - possible refining by drawing over and over to find the best contour and texture
- - and also because of the resulting aesthetics
- Selective copy of touches to the next timeframe
- Copy actual timeframe to the next timeframe
- - small, free positionable, multilevel toolbox
- - undisturbing black and white "pixel look"
- - fast reachable overview of all toolbox functionality
- - a very strange user interface
- Using the accelerometers:
- - toggle the toolbox fast on/off anytime (by tilting away)
- - switch frame forward / backward while working (by tilting right / left)
- - alter the speed while playing / working (by tilting right / left)
- - ability to disable the accelerometers (except for the toolbox toggle)
- Gallery view of all XAN shows
- - fast show selection via gallery view
- - decoupling of "save/recall" functionality for easy copying, versions, etc.
- Presentation mode for review and presentation:
- - avoid altering a creation by a touch "accident"
- - navigation by gallery view for fast selection
- - share all creations via iTunes (Backup)
- - distribute demonstration examples in the classroom
- - export static pixel art to photo collection by screenshot
- - export MPEG-4 clips
- - looped MPEG-4 viewer
- - send your concepts as standard movie clips to clients
- - upload your creations to video networks
- - assemble longer movies by use of video editors (iMovie)
- - free the artwork from any XAN dependencies
What's New in Version 4.5
iPhone/iPod : Bugfix "Clear all Frames"
iPad : Increased total Frame amount to 901
- USD 4.99
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 23 August 2012
- Version: 4.5
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Karl E. Scherer
- © 2011 KES
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.