AnswersIn Ulcerative Colitis
By AnswersIn Medicine Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The AnswersIn Medicine Ulcerative Colitis module contains over 1hr 10mins of high quality videos on the topic by Professor Owen Epstein, a leading specialist in the condition. The modules have been produced in association with University College London Business (UCLB) plc and are based on the latest British Society of Gastroenterology Guidelines.
The high quality medical information is delivered at the standard required for medical and nursing graduates and undergraduates, but the engaging videos are equally accessible to patients and individuals who want to find out about ulcerative colitis.
Each video covers an aspect of the condition delivered as an engaging interview and accompanied by illustrations and animations:
- Clinical Features (7m 15s) - Introduction to the condition, clinical features, findings on examination and theories about the underlying cause
- Investigations (13m 50s) - The role of investigations including blood tests, stool samples, imaging and biopsy in diagnosing the condition
- Educating the Patient (6m 19s) - How to counsel the patient about the condition including treatment options, lifestyle issues and the risk of cancer
- Assessing Severity (10m 11s) - How to grade the severity of the condition, the implication of this on treatment options and an overview of toxic megacolon
- Mild / Moderate Disease (12m 59s) - The treatment of mild / moderate disease including the role of 5-ASA and steroids
- Severe Disease (13m 30s) - Management of severe disease including an overview of indications for hospital admission, management principles and the use of azathioprine, mercaptopurine and cyclosporine
- Surgery (10m 5s) - The indications for surgery and the different surgical options and complications
In addition to the videos, each section is accompanied by bullet point text summaries which provide an at a glance overview of each topic.
The module is part of the AnswersIn series, delivering specialist level knowledge to your iPhone / iPad ensuring access to high quality medical information and learning on the move.
Information on this application is provided for informational purposes and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider. AnswersIn Medicine is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any form of damages whatsoever resulting from the use (or misuse) of information contained in or implied by the information on this application.
What's New in Version 1.3
- USD 3.99
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 05 November 2016
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 213 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Answers In Medicine Ltd
- © 2016 AnswersIn Medicine Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.