By forScore, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shelve those 3-ring binders. Get organized. Download and play something new in seconds. With forScore, your sheet music has never been better—it’s everything you can do with paper, and so much more.
From the moment you launch the app, you’ll see how forScore puts your music front and center. Don’t let the interface’s simplicity fool you, though—forScore has an arsenal of tools ready to help you turn practice into performance. Create links to handle repeats with a single tap, play along to an audio track, and use half-page turns to see the bottom half of the current page and the top half of the next one at the same time, removing jarring transitions once and for all.
Thanks to forScore’s ability to download virtually any PDF file directly from the web or Dropbox, it’s not only the best music reader around, it’s also the world’s library of sheet music—just millimeters thick. Keep those scores organized by tagging your files and let forScore do the rest with its dynamic menus that are always up to date. You can also create, share, and play through setlists for a fully manual approach to grouping and arranging your files.
And when it comes to annotation, forScore's flexibility is unparalleled. Create and edit an unlimited number of drawing presets, add text to your page with adjustable formatting, and add common musical notation symbols with our unique stamps feature (you can even draw or import your own designs). When you're done, share your files and annotations with friends via email, Bluetooth, AirDrop, or print them out with AirPrint!
Under the hood, you'll notice forScore's finely-tuned algorithms that use every millisecond of downtime without ever getting in your way. They keep your library organized, make page turns virtually instantaneous, and even learn from you to give you the best possible experience.
That's just the beginning—be sure to visit forscoreapp.com to learn all about forScore's incredible features and find out why so many musicians agree that forScore is simply the best.
"The iPad, with an app like ForScore, is kind of the ultimate sheet music machine, no?" -Gizmodo
What's New in Version 7.0
forScore 7 includes these and dozens of other great new features and enhancements:
• Record and review your practice sessions or share them with friends and colleagues
• Track binding now works with locally stored audio files: download them via Dropbox, the in-app browser, or import them from other apps
• Slow down recordings and audio files to three-quarter or half speed
• Use Replay to save page turns with an audio track and let pages turn themselves on subsequent plays
• Split scores into sections and save them as sequentially-numbered files
• Duplicate pages with a single tap and move them without tapping and holding first
• If you accidentally delete a page, use the undo button to bring it back
• Draw dynamic shapes like crescendos and slurs in any color you like
• Text annotations are no longer interactive when using the draw tool
• The default set of stamps now includes notes, dotted notes, and dotted rests
• Add TXT, RTF, DOC, or DOCX files to your library and they’ll be automatically converted to PDFs
• Download text files through Dropbox or the in-app browser or import them from other apps
• The main control bar’s title display now scrolls over to reveal a second page of rearrangeable tools
• Tapping in the top corners now reopens the last viewed left and right menus rather than always opening the score/tools menus
• A new option in the settings panel allows users to advance either one or two pages at a time while using two-page mode
• Bluetooth sharing is more reliable and it’s even easier to connect to nearby iPads (not compatible with earlier releases)
• See your annotations and cropping or margin adjustment with improved thumbnails throughout the app
- USD 6.99
- Category: Music
- Updated: 15 April 2014
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: forScore, LLC
- © 2010-2014 forScore, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.