Learn Portuguese Vocabulary: Practice orthography and pronunciation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The fun way to learn Portuguese words and improve your pronunciation!
*** This app has been for several weeks in nº 1 of Education, has been app of the week, rewarded as "New & Noteworthy" and has appeared in "What's Hot?". ***
- Listen to authentic native speakers pronounce all words.
- Words can be reviewed manually or in the form of an automatic presentation.
- The individual competence level is measured by a combination of various parameters. At the end of each unit a score is given.
- The text option helps you improve your writing abilities.
- The multiple choice option helps you improve your understanding.
- The exam combines all options and measures your time.
- Users can monitor their progress and level of competence in dynamically created graphs.
- Compete against yourself and against other users.
- Save words in favorites and practice and train only your favorite words.
- Hundreds of words divided in a basic, advanced and business module.
- The speeds of the pronunciation of the words can be configured.
- We don't overwhelm you with thousands of words, but offer small units that can each be dominated in a short time.
Do you really have a big desire to speak Portuguese fluently without the boring learning sessions? WordTrainer is an app developed to help you learn Portuguese words in a fast, easy and very entertaining way!
Learn or refresh your Portuguese words, anytime and anywhere with your own personal WordTrainer.
WordTrainer provides a set of the most common and useful words, organized by category.
The lite version includes 3 and the full version contains the following 24 categories:
- Body Movements
- In the classroom
- Daily activities
- Describing people
- Free time activities
- At the table
- More family
We've chosen not to overwhelm you with hundreds or thousands of words, but instead give you small units, which can easily be learned in a short time. This keeps it fun!
Learn Portuguese words
You choose a category and one by one all English words with their Portuguese translations are repeated. You can save the words that require more attention as favorite, and practice and test only those words. This option is used to study and learn the Portuguese words. You can listen to the pronunciation of all words.
When you think you have learned all Portuguese words, you are ready for the big test, the WordTrainer.
You can use the trainer from Portuguese to English and from English to Portuguese.
To test your understanding of the words, use the multiple choice option and to test your writing abilities the text option.
The words in the category are repeated until you dominate them all. In this case the category is marked as completed.
The exam combines all options. It has a built-in timer that measures how long it takes you to translate 30 words.
You can compete against yourself and against other users.
With everyday use, this application will help you acquire a vast body of Portuguese words.
If you have problems with the sound of the app, please make sure the mute button of your device isn't switched on. The mute button is a very small button next to the volume buttons.
MORE WORDTRAINER APPS
There are word trainer apps for beginners, advanced, business and children available. For a complete list of all apps:
What's New in Version 5.3
- Connection made to the Language Exchange Video Chat
- The automatic presentation option now plays the words from all categories one after the other
- Some minor bugs have been solved
- USD 1.99
- Category: Education
- Updated: 23 May 2015
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 78.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Astrid Jansen
- © 2010 Astrid Jansen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.