Math Snacks HD
By Learning Games Lab, NM State University
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take these Math Snacks videos on the go, or use them in classrooms without an Internet connection. Supports learning about the number line, ratios, rates and proportions.
Bad Date: Find true love with the right ratio.
Overruled!: Kingdoms teeter on the brink of war over unit conversion.
Atlantean Dodgeball: Face up in a battle of ratios.
Scale Ella: Our heroine uses scale factor to reverse the antics of the evil Scaleo.
Number Rights: Rally the numbers to fight for their rights.
Ratey the Math Cat: He can't resist pointing out the rates and "purrportions" in daily life.
We have a rich collection of teaching resources and “extras” to support you, available at mathsnacks.org
You will find:
• Companion "Teaching With" videos for each animation showing an experienced teacher using the animation in the classroom and integrating it into a content lesson.
• Printable Teacher’s Guides with discussion questions, vocabulary, and companion activities.
• Printable Learner’s Guides for students which helps them apply the concepts from the animations to problem-solving activities.
• Printable Comic Book Transcripts which helps kids, especially English Language Learners, follow along with the animations or refer back to them during discussion.
• Games for learning.
• Information on mapping the Math Snacks animations and activities onto Common Core standards. All of the student-facing resources are available in both English and Spanish.
Math Snacks have been designed to be integrated into instruction, as part of the curriculum you are already using in grades 4-8. Some Math Snacks address more than one content area and can be used in a variety of lessons at different grade levels. All Math Snacks products are aligned with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (CCSSM) and address the CCSSM Mathematical Practices when used as recommended.
Produced by mathematics educators, researchers, and animators at the Learning Games Lab at New Mexico State University. The Learning Games Lab produces educational, research-based games and media for a wide variety of partners. Learning Games Lab products undergo a rigorous instructional design process, extensive user testing, and input from learners, teachers, and researchers.
© 2009-2016 NMSU Board of Regents. All rights reserved. NMSU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and educator. Math Snacks materials were developed in part with support from the National Science Foundation (0918794). Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation. Some materials were originally prototyped or discussed as part of a cooperative agreement from the U.S. Department of Education (U295A050004).
What's New in Version 3.0
Fixes issue which would cause the app to crash on launch.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 24 January 2017
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 380 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: New Mexico State University Board of Regents
- © 2011 NMSU Board of Regents
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.