Rick Sammon's iHDR
By Personal Concepts
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SALE: Rick Sammon on CreativeLIVE - this week!
Use this interactive app to learn how to make great HDR photos.
PLEASE, PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an app to process your photos. Please do not buy this app to edit photos - it doesn't do that! It is an educational app, with many great example HDR images built in.
HDR photography allows you to capture stunning scenes and create high-impact images - with results from the realistic to the surreal. This app provides movies, text, and over 60 amazingly beautiful images from professional photographer Rick Sammon's famous portfolio of HDR images - along with hundreds of the original photos that were blended into the HDR results.
HDR Dissolve (TM).
The coolest single feature of this app is the Photos display for each example, which typically shows you one of Rick's original photos. Simply touch the photo to see it magically transform into the final HDR image. Normal images dissolve into great HDR images - just by touching them! In some cases, a set of three original photos are provided, followed by one or more processed HDR images.
These touch-activated dissolves vividly illustrate before and after examples of the power of HDR. With a finger tap on the iPad's screen, you can quickly see and understand the benefits of HDR photography.
For each HDR image, Rick provides the location, number of exposures, processing program used, and tips about HDR and/or standard photography. EXIF camera and exposure info is also included for many images. A quick e-mail feature lets you share any image with family and friends.
Rick Sammon's iHDR is divided into six major sections, making it easy to access the photographs, tips, tricks and techniques:
• Introduction: Learn the basics of seeing, making, and editing HDR images, using example photographs, text, and some really cool movies - all built into the app.
• Inside Photos: Learn to how to shoot in extreme contrast situations indoors, and learn how to see the light and exposure for the dynamic range of a scene.
• Outside Photos: Travel with Rick around the world and see how he captures cityscapes, landscapes, and interior scenes, during the day and at night.
• Nature Photos: Learn how to capture the beauty of nature without being limited by the existing lighting conditions.
• Tools: Includes info about using a number of great HDR software programs, and a Notes section, which lets you capture and email tips to friends.
• Favorites: Lets you build your own list of favorites topics and images from the app, and then lets you touch through a slide show off your favorite images.
To illustrate the magic of HDR photography, Rick uses both Nik Software's HDR Efex Pro and HDR Soft's Photomatix Pro. Rick also shows you how to expand the dynamic range of an image in Photoshop, and discusses how the same Photoshop techniques can be applied in Lightroom and Aperture.
To take your HDR images even further, Rick illustrates how Topaz Adjust and other plug-ins can be used to create one-of-a-kind images. All these tips also help you expand your photographic horizons in the digital darkroom.
Rick Sammon's iHDR features more than 60 end-result HDR images from Rick's worldwide travels, making the app a beautiful travelogue, as well as a how-to app. Add the number of HDR sequences, which illustrate the contrast range of the scene, and you have over 300 images that help you master understand HDR photography.
As a bonus, Dr. Dave shows how to use the iPhone to take and make cool HDR images.
Size: This app contains well over 100 MB of movies and spectacular photos. It's self-contained, so you don't need an Internet connection to use it.
What's New in Version 1.3
Support for iOS 5.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 20 October 2011
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 133 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: David Wilson
- © 2011 Rick Sammon and Dave Wilson
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.