By Michael Yang
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Having trouble learning to read Chinese? With the thousands of characters in the language, remembering even the pronunciations of words can be challenging, but it doesn't have to be.
Yin lets you visit any website with Chinese text, and with the press of a button lets you add the pinyin (the pronunciations) right on top of the word. Ease your way into learning how to read Chinese by reading any content instantly, without looking through a dictionary for each word.
- Simple: Just a web browser with a button to annotate and add pronunciations right on top of existing text
- Small: Yin's optimized dictionary takes up less space than a song
- Comprehensive: Yin contains virtually every Chinese character (simplified and traditional), even ones that aren't all that common
- Accurate: Yin analyzes phrases, so it can handle words with multiple pronunciations
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Now supports iPhone 5 and the new iPod Touch. See more content with the same, simple interface.
- USD 0.99
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 26 September 2012
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 1.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Michael Yang
- © 2012 Michael Yang
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimised for iPhone 5.