Chinese Video Lesson for iPad
By Saver Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ALC’s “Ni Hao” video Chinese lesson 220 for iPad - Learning Chinese scene by scene with multi language subtitles -
This is the iPad version of the ALC’s “Ni Hao” video Chinese lesson 220 application which enables you to learn basic spoken Chinese by playing back sets of video clips.
A total of two-hundred and twenty different situations are available, such as greetings and useful expressions when sightseeing or studying abroad. The different sets of situations are taken from everyday life, with each situation being 15 to 40 seconds long. This allows you to freely choose the situations you enjoy the most and ensures that you have fun learning Chinese. With subtitles in Chinese and Pinyin provided for each video clip, beginners will have no problem understanding the conversations. You can also choose to display the subtitles in Japanese or English. In addition, if you select English as the language setting for your device, the user interface for the application will be provided in English. Regardless of whether you are native speaker of Japanese or English, this application is an extremely useful tool for learning Chinese.
*Available video clips
220 in total --- 22 categories, each containing 10 situations
“Greetings”, “Introducing yourself”, “At a restaurant”, “Getting around”, “Sightseeing”, “At a hotel”,
“Shopping”, “Studying abroad”, “At school”, “Telephone”, “At the office”, “Internet”,
“Romance”, “Entertainment”, “Sports”, “At the hospital”, “At the bank”, “At the post office”, “At the hair salon”
“At home”, “Emergency”, and “Essential phrases”
- Each category is about 5 minutes in length, and contains 10 videos that are 15 to 40 seconds long.
- By reading the transcript of a conversation in Japanese or English before watching the Chinese video, you can understand the content in advance and learn more efficiently.
- Chinese and Pinyin subtitles are displayed together, enabling you to effectively learn the correct Chinese reading and pronunciation.
- Correct pronunciation is essential to mastering Chinese. You can improve your Chinese pronunciation by imitating that of the native speakers you hear in the videos.
- Note that to purchase a category you must have an Internet connection with a 3G channel or Wi-Fi.
- You can preview all the conversation transcripts for each category before making a purchase.
- You can download the smaller low-quality version or the high-quality version of each video. You can also get the high-quality version after downloading the low-quality version.
- You can use the Purchase History window to review your purchase history and see which categories you already have.
- You can download all the videos you have purchased at one time.
1. Subtitle Languages Switch the subtitle language (Chinese, Japanese, or English) during video playback.
2. Favorites Bookmark the videos you like most so that you can quickly replay them.
3. Keyword Search Easily search videos by keyword.
4. Conversation List Easily search videos from the conversations for a situation.
5. VGA output This is a VGA out supported application. You can watch videos on a big screen by connecting your iPad to a TV, monitor or projector that uses a VGA connector.
*The Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA adapter is required.
- These features enable you to quickly find the situation you want to see. If there is a particular keyword you want to check, go ahead and try the Keyword Search. This lets you rapidly search through the videos using the keyword you entered.
*About the videos
The video images and the Chinese and Japanese scripts used in this application are taken from the materials developed for “Chinese Course - Conversation” in ALC NetAcademy2, which is ALC's e-learning educational tool. A set of English scripts have been also added to this application.
- USD 15.99
- Category: Education
- Released: 29 July 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 431 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Developer: Saver Co.,Ltd
- © ALC PRESS, INC, FUJIYAMA, Saver Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.