By One Bad Ant
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Discovery Trail's vision is for a community in which each resident and visitor is inspired to learn about culture and science... lifelong.
The Discovery Trail Partnership is a group of educational organizations based in Ithaca, NY. The Discovery Trail iPhone App is designed to serve the trail's mission of "promoting awareness of the programs and collections of its members and fostering understanding of the connections among art, history, literature, science, and the natural world.".
The Discovery Trail iPhone app provides information on-the-go to keep you in touch with the Trail's events, suggested itineraries, and member information such as their hours, location and contact information. Also included is a live interactive map of member locations.
• View the date, time, location and introductory description of all trail events. These are the same events that can be found on the Trail's website. Click the "more" link to go directly to the full event page on the member's website.
• Keep in touch with Trail news - click the tab bar button at the bottom of the screen to switch from events to news, or back again. Once again the "read more" link takes your visitor to the member's site for convenient access to the full news article.
• The Discovery Trail app is a gateway to information about, and connection to, all eight Trail members. The app provides visitors with a description of each member, their hours of operations (and fees if appropriate), and contact information. The phone number, email address and website found on the contact information screen are all clickable connecting your visitors to your members.
• The full text of the six suggested itineraries: "History Buff," "Family Fun," "Ivy League Experience," "On Cayuga's Waters," "Outdoor Enthusiasts," and "Outdoor Winter's Day" are included with the iPhone app.
• And finally, use the interactive maps to locate any of the Discovery Trail member locations. Zoom in and out and click the location pin for addresses.
What's New in Version 1.2
Re-released to support Verizon (CDMA) iPhones
- Category: Education
- Updated: 17 August 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 4.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: One Bad Ant
- © One Bad Ant
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.