It's Banking, only Easier.
With GTWorld, you have a Mobile Banking App that is designed to cater to all that's important to you easily and seamlessly. The facial recognition feature means that you now have mobile banking App that recognizes you and adapts to how and when you want to bank.
• Login and complete your transactions using your face, fingerprint or a 4-digit PIN.
• Check your account balance; transfer money within your accounts and buy airtime; all without having to sign in.
• Turn your contacts into a beneficiary list; send money to someone using just their mobile number.
• Apply for loans and set savings target right from your phone.
• Send your Account Statements to your email or to an embassy of your choice.
Manage your Accounts:
• Set up a new account and view your account balance(s).
• View transaction history and search transactions
• Fx Transfers to all Banks
• Confirm and manage your cheques.
Payment and Bills
• Pay bills
• Transfer money to GTBank accounts and all other banks.
• Buy airtime and data for self and third party.
• Schedule and manage standing orders
• Find GTBank ATMs and branches near you
• Block your lost or stolen card
• Get a New Card
• Get the best deals on the SME Markethub
To get started
• Click the install button.
Launch the App and input your User ID and password.
If you do not have a password you may use the the get my online banking details under the sign up module. And if you have forgotten your password, please click “Forgot Password?” on the login page to reset your password.
• At first login, you will be asked to authorize your mobile device to access the app. If this is your preferred device, please select 'Yes' and choose if you would like to create a 4-digit PIN for your banking transactions.
• A 6-digit secure code will be sent to your registered email address to verify your device. If you do not receive this message please generate a code from your hardware token or dial *737*7# from your registered phone number to obtain a one-time verification code. You can also call GTConnect on 08039003900 or 08029002900 for the verification code.
• Enter this code in the app and your mobile phone will be successfully verified against your account profile. Now you can start using the App. Please note that this is required only when using a device for the first time.
• If you chose to use the token as your preferred means of verifying your transactions, you will also be sent the 6-digit secure code via your registered email to verify your device for the first time. Enter this code and your mobile phone will be successfully verified against your account profile. You will then be able to start using the GTWorld with your hardware or 737 Token.
• Please note that you will be asked to select a preferred option for login and completing your transactions, from which you have the options of Password, PIN, Token, Fingerprint and Facial Recognition. You can always change your preference in settings.
- Transaction Receipt
- GAPS Batch Approval
- GAPSLite bug fixes
- Other fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I bet this is the most unreliable tool from the stable of GTbank a bank synonymous with performance and it’s of cutting edge technology in Nigeria banking business. This app fall short of GTbank standard. I use the app on my Ipad, beside failing to allow you log in sometimes, to make a transaction is as difficult as the proverbial camel passing through the eye of a needle. When it gets to the stage where I have to put my pin to authenticate transaction the pop up window will disappear suddenly. This is very frustrating. That’s the feedback if you care to know. Mind you I always update the app regularly as soon as there is notification for an update, so no excuse of app not updated. I have often fallback on the legacy Gt mobile app to make my transaction. That works and very reliable too. If the future is GT world please make sure your developer put it through thorough UAT and ensure it works very well before it is deployed to Production.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comments, we will review and address them as soon as possible
Recently observed that to receive Western Union payments, test answer is mandatory unlike in internet banking where it is optional. Make test answer optional, please.
Although the app has been updated a number of times, test answer in Western Union is still not optional, unlike in internet banking.
I am also unhappy that since the penultimate app update on iPad, there is a bug that needs to be fixed urgently regarding ‘Select transfer type’, ‘account to debit’ and ‘account to credit’ or ‘Beneficiary’. If one clicks one of these, e.g., ‘Select transfer type’, the drop~down that pops up is ‘Account to debit’. It requires several attempts before the right drop-down pops up. This is very annoying. My iPad is on iOS 11. Please resolve it quickly. God bless!
App keeps resetting
Each time I open the GTWorld app on my iPad, I find that the app has reset, and I need to set it up again as a freshly installed app, including user id as well as go through the whole authentication process again before I can carry out any transaction.
I find this very irritating, especially the attendant delay. Please resolve this very quickly.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comment.
We will review and address as soon as possible
The old app is simply better
This app has this persistent TouchID issue. It worked for a while, then stopped. An update seemed to fix it, but now it’s back, when I use TouchID it gives an error about Server error or something.
Then why does it take so long to open? The white launch page stares at me for endless seconds, only for the next to be a really really slow UI transition to the logon page. Do I want to admire the beauty of the app’s aesthetics, or do I just want to get into the app and just complete my transaction in the shortest time possible????
The older app isn’t pretty, but it does the job really quickly and simply. I’m just going to stick to the old app and not bother with this anymore.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.