WalkJogRun GPS Running Routes
By Almost Awesome Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The only GPS running app accurate enough to offer reliable pace coaching helping you cross the finish line on goal pace!
Find running routes, track your run with GPS and monitor your progress over time.
Find the safest routes to run, exercise without injury and stay motivated, whether you need a change of scenery or are on vacation and unfamiliar with your surroundings. WalkJogRun has the most accurate iPhone GPS and more than 2 million running routes available worldwide, or you can create your own. It’s the perfect companion to use when working out!
* "WalkJogRun helped me discover a new route in my neighborhood that had me sightseeing (and dodging crowds) along Broadway. It also brought me back to another route I haven’t run in years." Lauren Goode, "Three Running Apps to Shake Up Your Routine" AllThingsD.com
* "If you're an experienced runner or just someone who likes to blaze new trails, WalkJogRun Routes is money well spent." Rick Broida, "Four Killer iPhone Apps for Runners" CNET's iPhone Atlas
* "Finding a time to fit in fitness when you're traveling isn’t always easy, but this app makes it a little less complicated." Melanie Nayer's "Must have iPhone Travel Apps" for Cheapflights.com
* Find routes - where you are or wherever you travel from over 2 million worldwide
* Popular routes - we've aggregated public GPS sessions to show all the running route hotspots around the world.
* Create routes - got your own route? Map it out in the app or just run it with the GPS tracker and then save it as a route
* Follow a route on the map while tracking your workout with the GPS (not turn by turn voice alerts)
* GPS tracking - so accurate it deserves it’s own bullet point :-) Works with Bluetooth low energy heart monitors, tracks steps/cadence if you’re lucky enough to own a iPhone 5S, ascent/descent and announces your progress every mile/km or custom distance.
* Pace coaching - pick a goal pace for a workout or race and we'll tell you when to speed up and when to slow down to get to your goal.
* Log training sessions - with or without our incredible GPS tracker you can log workouts to your free account and track your training on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or online at walkjogrun.net
* Analyze your training - by activity, by year, by month or by week
* 23 free training plans - created by Coach Jenny Hadfield from Runners world we’ve got 5k, 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for the absolute beginner trying to walk or run your first 5k to the advanced runner trying to get a new PR for the marathon.
* Incredible articles - our team of writers are all avid runners providing tips on everything you need to stay healthy and get the most out of walking or running as a lifestyle. Topics include recipes, injury prevention and treatment, racing, yoga for runners, training strategies, motivation, safety, running gear reviews and the science behind running.
WHO SHOULD GET THIS APP
* Anyone looking to get healthier!
* Walkers, Joggers, Runners, Cyclists - anyone looking to find new routes in their area or track their training.
Please note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.4.0
Thanks for using the app! Since our last update was released over 207,000 miles have been logged with the GPS and members finished 141 races. We've fixed every bug that has been reported and added some great new features!
* Pace coaching. Pick a goal pace for a workout or race and we'll tell you when to speed up and when to slow down to get to your goal.
* Popular routes. We've aggregated public GPS sessions to show all the running route hotspots around the world.
* Better training plan management. We've made it easier for you to remove old training programs to make sure you can stay focused on your current goal.
* GPS tips. If you're having trouble getting a signal at the start of a workout we'll show a tip bubble with suggestions to get you going.
* Recently viewed route lists. If you're like me you're a creature of habit so the list of routes and distances you look at regularly are now bookmarked for easier access online and offline.
* Unsaved session indicator. If you've ever got back from a run outside your house you've seen our message that we're temporarily unable to send your workout to the server due to weak or absent internet. We've always saved the workouts but we get a lot of feedback that you don't know where to find them! We've added an "unsaved session" badge to the create routes tab to show you when there are workouts that need to be sent to the server. You'll be able to select each workout and resubmit it from inside your house, office or gym when the internet signal or wifi is stronger.
Happy running and let us know if you've got any feedback for any of the new features at email@example.com
Thanks and happy spring running season!
The WalkJogRun team.
- USD 4.99
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 30 April 2014
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 40.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Almost Awesome Inc.
- © 2014 Almost Awesome Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.