By Georg Holzmann
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Auphonic Recorder is a high-quality audio recorder with focus on ease of use, audio quality and stability.
Record your raw microphone signals without any iOS pre-processing, in an uncompressed (PCM audio) or compressed (AAC) format, written to disk every moment to avoid data loss if the app gets killed.
In combination with the integrated Auphonic web service, you can post-process, encode, tag and publish your podcasts, interviews, music recordings on the go with a single click.
Our recording interface displays the current maximum peak level, you can add and edit chapter markers and it also records in background while using other apps.
It is possible to record in PCM/AAC, stereo/mono, 16bit/24bit, at various samplerates, you can select the microphone, monitor the signal during recording with headphones and set the input gain.
A simple editor shows the recorded waveform, where you can edit start/stop and chapter markers, export and process the audio file using the Auphonic web service or share it with other iOS apps.
The app includes Share Sheet and Open In functionality, to import audio from other iOS apps and export it to Auphonic.
Features of the Auphonic web service:
• Encode your audio files in MP3, Opus, AAC/MP4, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, FLAC, WAV and more
• Metadata/tagging and chapter marks support for all file formats
• Loudness Normalization to new broadcast standards: EBU R128, ATSC A/85, mobile audio and more
• Intelligent Leveler: balances levels between speakers, music and speech – no compressor knowledge required
• Automatic Noise and Hum Reduction: classifies regions with different backgrounds and automatically removes noise
• Filtering of disturbing frequencies
• Automatic Speech Recognition and Audio Search in over 80 languages
• Publish your results automatically via YouTube, SoundCloud, Podlove Publisher, Spreaker, Libsyn, Blubrry, Archive.org, Dropbox, (S)FTP, HTTP, Google Drive, WebDAV, Amazon S3, etc.
Please note that you need an Auphonic account to use our web service.
All native recording, editing and sharing can be done completely offline without any account.
What's New in Version 1.2
- monitor the audio signal during recording via headphones or USB
- possibility to change the recording input gain
- record at 44.1kHz, 48kHz or at the default samplerate of your device
- record with 24bit or 16bit precision