Do you want the most features? the best reading experience? Comic Zeal 9 has them both. It was the first comic reader in the App Store, it’s still the best.
• Organize your collection how YOU want. Put series inside series, use dividers to manage long lists.
• Automatically sorts comics into their series.
• Super fast reading view with two-page mode and assisted panning.
• Page position lock so you don’t see the same borders page after page.
• Does the right thing when you rotate your device, many comics have a mixture of portrait and landscape pages.
• Lightning fast search, by comic title and tags.
• Parental lock for individual series.
IN APP PURCHASES
For a very reasonable price you can also unlock
• Comic Finders, create smart series that show you unread comics from all over your library.
• Seven new, gorgeous themes.
• WI-Fi using a web browser on a PC or Mac.
• Drop Box, iCloud Drive, etc using iOS document sharing.
• AirDrop from a Mac.
• iTunes via USB or Wi-FI
Comic Zeal features the innovative slider, it's a pointer, a container and a toolbox, all in one. You can push stuff into it, then go anywhere in your collection and drag it out. It's an incredibly fast way to organize your comics.
With the slider you can:
• Reorder comics, put them into the slider in the order you want them, then drag them out.
• Create reading lists (by making copies of comics that don't take up any space on your device)
• Create series and dividers right in the app. Dividers are lists that can hold comics, series and even other dividers.
• Tap the ‘i’ info icon for comics, series and dividers. You can rename entries, sort a series or mark items as read or unread.
• When zooming, hold the gesture for half a second. Comic Zeal will lock that zoom and position when you turn the page, it's a great way to hide borders.
Comics used in the screenshots:
'Escape from Planet Nowhere', © 2010 Otis Frampton, http://planet-nowhere.com/
Please note, there is a problem with Google Drive’s iOS extension that doesn’t allow you to open comic and other files that they consider to be ’non-standard’. You can read more about it here: https://goo.gl/EKVRbN and here https://goo.gl/XXYRQI . You can open Comics from the Google Drive app itself using the 'Open in ...' option, just not directly from Comic Zeal.
One big change in this update and some bug fixes:
- Imports now happen completely in the background.
- Fixed a couple of crashing bugs.
Comics are imported super quick now, can you let me know if you need some kind of download queue display? @bitolithic on twitter.
Beoordelingen en recensies
Needs an update. Cant import anything
Since update iOS 11.4. This app is unusable. I cant upload anything anymore.
Please update the app asap! Its holiday and I want to read comics in the best Comic reader ever...
I really, really enjoy this app. If only it would be comptible with my iphone x, that would make it perfect! Hope to see an update soon!
App niet meer ondersteund door de maker - geen bugfixes meer!
Update 3 apr 2017:
Belangrijke bugs zijn nog steeds niet verholpen, en de app crasht vaker dan ooit!
Update 19 mrt 2016:
Sinds november 2015 heeft de ontwikkelaar van deze app zich niet meer laten zien op zijn eigen supportforum. Het lijkt erop dat hij er na de grote revisie van deze app in september 2015 de stekker eruit getrokken heeft. De talrijke bugs die bij deze revisie zijn ontstaan, worden dus ook niet aangepakt; er is geen uitzicht op een oplossing.
Review van 21 september 2015
I have been using this app for a few years. I bought this app for €5, which isn't very cheap. However it was worth the money, because the previous versions were very good.
This is a major new release, and even after the developer addressed some bugs in a minor update, I can’t work with it.
1: Frequently the app crashes when you rotate the screen 90 degrees.
2: Sometimes when I launch the app on my iPad, the lower 33% of the screen (50% in landscape mode) of the collection manager is blank. Just as if that part of the screen doesn't exist for the collection manager.
3: Moreover there is a problem with displaying comics that have pages with different dimensions. The app chooses the dimension of one page and rigorously changes the proportions of all other pages. Some pages become deformed that much, that they are unreadable.
More complaints I found in the initial major release: The new version shows a shopping basket on the main screen all the time. Only when I buy all the extra features (I don't have a use for them), this annoying basket will disappear. This is not a free app, this is a app for which people already paid a fair price. Of course a software developer may try to make a few extra bucks, but don't nag your customers all the time.
Furthermore I don't like the new standard theme. Please give us also the the possibility to choose the previous theme.
The previous major was worth 5 starts. Because of the bugs I can only give it two stars now. However if the developer addresses the bugs and makes the shopping basket less intrusive, he will get back his 5 stars ;-)
- Bitolithic Pty Ltd
- 39.3 MB
- Vereist iOS 8.2 of nieuwer. Compatibel met iPhone, iPad en iPod touch.
- Beoordeeld 4+
- © 2015 Bitolithic Pty Ltd
- € 5,49
- In-app aankopen
- Unread Comic Finder € 2,29
- Extra Themes € 2,29
Delen met gezin
Tot zes gezinsleden kunnen deze app gebruiken als Delen met gezin staat ingeschakeld.