Do you ever make rides with your skateboard, longboard, inline skates or roller skates?
This is exactly the app you were looking for!
What separates skaters from runners en cyclists is the influence of the surface of the roads that you ride over. When the conditions of the road are bad (bumpy, old, damaged etc.) there’s not much fun in exercising.
SkateNavigator uses Google Maps combined with GPS-tracking, so all of the information considering your workout that other similar apps provide will be also available in SkateNavigator.
On top of that, SkateNavigator is the first app that offers the possiblity to add ratings to the roads that you used during your workout that will be shared with all the users of this app. As a result of this, an entire network of rated roads will develop that will make skating so much more fun and safe.
- speed (average speed, top speed, lowest speed)
- duration; distances
Each and every single road that you can skate upon can be rated by users. You can rate separate segments of roads by giving a rate from 1 to 5. A rating of ‘1’ represents the worst kind of surface to skate upon; a rating of ‘5’ represents the best surface possible.
Each time you have completed a workout, the app will ask you to rate the segments of the route you have ridden. You can do this by appointing 1 to 5 stars to differents segments of the route.
You simply appoint a starting point and an end point by tapping your screen and rate as many segments of your route as you wish. You can do this right after you’re done skating, but you can also add ratings later on your desktop on our website.
After your workout you can you see a summary of your workout results on the map:
- the route you have ridden
- average speed per segment. Different averages are shown by different colours (red, orange and green)
- the existing ratings on the route
- the segments that have yet to be rated
The app will ask users to rate segments of the route that are not yet rated and to check if the currently appointed ratings are still correct.
Note: Using GPS features of this app can significantly affect your device's battery life.
Thank you for using Skate Navigator!
We have received valuable feedback from you and released this version with some fixes and improvements.
- Default sorting has been changed to 'near me'
- Fixed birthday date bug in account creation
- Improvements of displaying stages
Ratings and Reviews
Great skate app
Very great app! Finally a mobile app especially for skaters! Love it!
Great app, but doesn’t fetch routes atm :(
Looks and works just great
- Emil Golshani
- 69.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Skate Navigator
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.