Created by Ron M. Walls, MD, Michael F. Murphy, MD and Robert C. Luten, MD. With updates by Calvin A. Brown III.
The Difficult Airway App™ is an essential tool for clinicians who manage emergency airways in any setting: the ED, ICU, in-patient unit or the many EMS practice environments.
The right drugs, the right doses, the right way!
This app rapidly and easily selects the right drugs for RSI, automatically adjusting for obesity and hemodynamics. Pediatric dosing and equipment selection is a snap using the Broselow-Luten color system or the child's estimated weight.
Stay out of trouble! The Difficult Airway App™ guides the user quickly and easily through key algorithms, predictors of the difficult airway and the step-by-step approach to RSI taught in The Difficult Airway Course: Emergency™.
Based on the standard-setting work in the field of airway Management of:
Ron M. Walls, MD, Vice President and COO
Brigham and Women's Health Care
Harvard Medical School
Michael F. Murphy, MD, Professor Emeritus and Past Chair
Department of Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
University of Alberta
Regional Medical Director
Robert C. Luten, MD, Professor
Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine
University of Florida Health Sciences Center
The Difficult Airway App™ features:
Easy, yet Sophisticated Adult and Pediatric Drug Dosing
- For adult dosing, a few simple clicks bring you to recommended doses that incorporate patient weight, body habitus and hemodynamics.
- The pediatric drug dosing function incorporates the color-coded system created by James Broselow, MD and Robert C. Luten, MD for rapid, safe management of pediatric airway cases.
- The option to customize your formulary means that only the drugs you use will appear in the recommendations.
- Straight-forward algorithms allow you to quickly determine the best approach to your patient’s airway.
- Easy mnemonics walk you through predictors of a difficult airway, including difficult laryngoscopy (LEMON), difficult BMV (ROMAN), difficult extraglottic device use (RODS) and difficult cricothyrotomy (SMART).
- Pearls of wisdom, based on evidence and expert opinion, are offered throughout.
Rapid Sequence Intubation
- The 7 – Ps of RSI: a step-by-step guide for adults and children, with notes from the developers of The Difficult Airway Course™.
- Adult and pediatric RSI drug dosing.
- Richly detailed illustrations of the airway anatomy.
- Instructional videos on key topics
- Links to information about The Difficult Airway Courses™ and Airway World™.
On the adult RSI drug dosing calculator, the highest weight class is now 150 kg (instead of 150+ kg). The doses provided when this option is chosen are most appropriate for patients who weigh 150 kg. For weights greater than 150 kg, please refer to the base dosing schedule found in the “About Calculator” section of the Adult RSI Calculator. Lean body weight should be used for induction agent dosing. See also The Walls Manual of Emergency Airway Management, 5e (Chapter 20).
On the Pediatric Patient RSI Chart, the size of the ET Tube in the Orange Zone has changed from 6.0 cuff to 5.5 cuff.
On the Pediatric Patient RSI Chart, the size of the ET Tube in the Green Zone has changed from 6.5 cuff to 6.0 cuff.
Links in the Additional Resources section were updated to point to our newly redesigned website (www.theairwaysite.com).
Beoordelingen en recensies
I loved the book, I loved the course, and now I'm loving the app.
Mark Frederikse, MD
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Airway Management Education Center
- 89.3 MB
Vereist iOS 7.1 of nieuwer. Compatibel met iPhone, iPad en iPod touch.
- Beoordeeld 4+
- © 2018 Airway Management Education Center
- € 3,49
Delen met gezin
Tot zes gezinsleden kunnen deze app gebruiken als Delen met gezin staat ingeschakeld.