The system works like a virtual lifeline and is made up of two components: a FREE smartphone application and a small beacon that can be comfortably worn by each crew.
The beacon does not require complex manual activation. The alarm will trigger automatically in a Man Overboard (MOB) event.
Should someone go overboard, it will automatically sound an alarm, provide lat/long coordinates of the MOB event, the time of the event, and will visually guide the rescuer.
You can order beacons at www.crewwatcher.com/buy
* No cell service is required.
* The CrewWatcher app works exclusively with CrewWatcher beacons (up to 5 at a time)
* The app utilizes Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE, Version 4.0 and up) to communicate with CrewWatcher beacons. The maximum range is 200 meters (656 feet) line of sight.
* Continued use of GPS and Bluetooth running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Fixed an issue where the app was not able to get past the splash screen.
- Fixed an issue with rescue information clipping behind close button on smaller resolutions.
- Optimised the rescue guide interface for tablets.
- Automatically hide "At point of loss" popup when you move out of the search area.
- Improved the rescue guide popup instructions.
- Battery drain warnings now hide after twelve hours. Warning is not necessary as a beacon will turn itself off when not in use.
- Change properties of the low power mode setting to safe even more beacon battery.
Delen met gezin
Tot zes gezinsleden kunnen deze app gebruiken als Delen met gezin staat ingeschakeld.