Video Crop & Zoom allows you to crop your videos in an easy and precise way.
Why would you do that?
* You want to remove a person or an object from a video. Crop your video to make this part invisible.
* You need to straighten a video in order to fix the horizon.
* You have recorded a video with a portrait orientation and you would like to change it to a landscape orientation.
* You want to add small effects to your video, like a zoom-in to someone's face, shortly followed by a zoom-out to a larger general view.
* You want to keep the best of your video only, cropping the main part of it, and removing the superfluous.
* You want to crop your video with a specific constrain (square, 4x3, 16x9 , ...) or some precise dimension (580p, 1080p, ...) before sending it to your TV or your favourite social service.
Videos can be imported from your device in different ways.
You can also connect your iDevice to iTunes in order to drag and drop other videos (iTunes file sharing feature).
An animated and original user interface allows you to crop (and zoom and rotate), if necessary, every frame of the video independently.
An interpolation will be done automatically between each of your modifications, in order to scale and move progressively the crop area.
Those cropped areas can be defined by using some simple gestures, but in case some high precision is needed, you can directly change the values (in pixels for the size and position, in degrees for the angle).
Some optional visual guides, like configurable grids, and contextual information, can be displayed to help you track your target.
You will find the original and intuitive user interface, common to all our videos applications.
These applications have been featured many times by Apple and various websites.
This application can run, on your iPhone and your iPad, as a standalone application, or as an Action Extension (from the compatible applications like the Photo app).
Portrait and Landscape orientations are supported in all screens.
Here are the new features of this version 4.0 :
- Modification : Possibility to precisely set the values for the angle, size and position of the cropped area.
- Properties : The interpolation of the frames between two cropped areas is now more fluid and less robotic (this can be reverted to a linear interpolation for each individual defined cropped area, if needed)
- Guides : User defined grids can be displayed for the input video, and the cropped area. The previous, next and interpolated cropped areas can also be displayed.
- Media can be imported into the application using the standard photo picker (its content is similar to Apple's Photo application).
- Media can be imported into the application using the standard file picker (its content is similar to that of Apple's Files application).
- When the media is saved to the camera roll, it is automatically associated to an album named "Video Crop & Zoom".
- The previously selected video is now highlighted in blue in the video selection screen.
- iTunes File Sharing has been renamed File, since it is now possible to access media using Apple's File application as well.
- The iTunes File Sharing folder is now visible/modifiable in the Apple Files application.
- The exported video will be HEVC if the input video is HEVC.
- The filename of the exported video file is now prefixed by the original filename of the source video, followed by the current date and time.
- The request for review popup is displayed less often.
- Added the possibility to disable the tutorial (by touching it).
If you like Video Crop & Zoom, please leave a comment on the App Store, and let your friends know about the app :)
Ratings and Reviews
Works on my iPhone
The idea and usuability are quite alright, but the app keeps crashing when exporting. Therefor to me it's of no use on my iPad.
Gave it a second chance and bought it on my iPhone. Works perfectly there, I'm very happy with it.
Thank you for updating your review.
I'm happy that the app now works correctly on your device.
--------- previous answer ---------
I'm sorry for your bad experience with the application.
This should not happen.
Please contact the support email address from the application support link in the App Store.
This way, we can find out what your problem might be.
- Francis Bonnin
- 20.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © PacoLabs
- € 2,29
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.