Wotja - Generative Music & Cut-Up Text Editor
By Intermorphic Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Looking for new ideas? Music, Words? Wotja uses "Generative Music", "Text-to-Music" and "Cut-Up Text" techniques to help break creator's block; it makes beautiful relaxing music, too! Users say - "Best generative music app", "best MIDI composition tool in my toolkit".
USE WOTJA TO:
• Help break composer's block with new ideas for melodies, songs, etc.
• Help break writer's block with new ideas for lyrics, songs, poems, haiku, stories, copy writing etc.
• Create, play & playlist high quality, royalty-free soundscapes: ambient, drone, relaxation, mindfulness, experimental etc.
• Experiment with generative (MIDI) music composition and sound design
• Drive other MIDI synths via MIDI Out
• Generate relaxing music
GENERATIVE MUSIC MIXER, COMPOSER:
Easily mix together 100s of editable generative music templates (randomly or manually). Customise as you wish with editors for generative music composition, text-to-music and sound design. Wotja's MIDI generating music engine has over 130+ parameters. Wotja's sound engine features many modulatable sound units, FX units & SF2 (you can also use your own) and allows use of audio loops in Paks. Supported: Core MIDI / Virtual MIDI Out/In, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
CUT-UP TEXT EDITOR:
Generate cut-up text to create new ideas and constrain by lines, words and syllables. Randomly select words from up to 5 user entered Source text fields + User Library + Wotja Word Bank or Word Database. Lock what you want to keep and iterate until you are done.
CREATIVE RELAXATION PLAYLIST:
Use random mix generation and text-to-music to quickly & easily create beautiful, personal "reflective music" mixes for your own Playlists.
In FREE operation you have access to EVERYTHING in Wotja for iOS (cut-up creation, mix randomisation, generative templates, generative parameter editing, synth editing etc.).
• FREE operation - Cut-Up: Data NOT saved, Some restrictions on text export/edit/syllables in rules; Mix:
Save/export cell 1 ONLY, MIDI Out/In ch 1 ONLY, Up to 1 min Music Play Time
IN APP SUBSCRIPTION TIERS:
• ESSENTIALS ($4.99) - Cut-Up: Save data, Unrestricted text export/edit; Mix: Save/export column 1 cells, Up to 1 hour Music Play Time
• PRO ($6.99) - As ESSENTIALS plus… Cut-Up: Use syllables in rules; Mix: Save/export all cells, Multi-channel MIDI Out/In, Up to 8hr 53m Music Play Time
DON'T LIKE IAP SUBSCRIPTIONS?
• That's OK, get "Wotja Pro 2017" for iOS instead!
• Prices above shown for US region.
• Each Subscription Period is 6 months, auto-renewing (it is *EASY* to turn off auto-renewal if you want to).
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Wotja for iOS is not Liptikl, Noatikl, Mixtikl or Tiklbox for iOS. It's a new tightly integrated app that coopts the best of each (+ more besides) and provides a forward migration path for files created in them. Bottom line: We're better able to improve usability and deliver important new features & creative possibilities.
• Guide: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/guide
• Forum: https://forum.intermorphic.com/viewforum.php?f=67
• Privacy: https://intermorphic.com/privacy
• Terms: https://intermorphic.com/tos
• If you make and/or share a wotja make sure you don't infringe the copyright of others.
• Wotja is required to play a Wotja File or Wotja Music URL.
• FREE Loop Paks - https://intermorphic.com/pak
Please send it to @intermorphic on Twitter, via our forum or through our website contact form. We're always improving Wotja and we hope you find it to be useful. Thanks for your support & interest!
What's New in Version 4.4.0
This update is mainly about improving productivity and usability (incorporating 3 creativity apps into one was tricky!) and bringing back a revised Wotja for Apple Watch.
- Wotja for Apple Watch returns!
- The new Apple Watch app is much simpler than before, and this time the focus is around playing/stopping the currently open Wotja mix or playlist or creating a random mix based on Wotja's mix randomisation settings (3D Touch menu).
- There are now only 3 core Tab views: Cut-Up - for creating cut-up, Mix - for creating generative music mixes and Display - for setting how a Wotja is displayed. Parameters previously accessed via a Piece tab are now accessed via the Piece/Mix button in the Network panel; Parameters previously accessed via a Voice tab are now accessed by tapping on the relevant voice in the Network panel.
- Play/Stop button: now in the bottom tab bar making it accessible from every screen; playing time is displayed below it.
- Settings button: now in the bottom tab bar making it accessible from every screen and now includes access to Mix Randomisation settings.
- Mix Tab: We decluttered the UI by finding solutions that let us remove the bottom toolbar and top status bar.
- Mix Tab: Voice and Track mixing segments in the top RHS panel selector have been combined into one allowing the RHS Panel expander button to be moved next to the panel selector.
- Mix Tab: A selected cell is now indicated with a cell border; tap a selected cell to display the Template selector.
- Mix Tab: The Tools button has been moved to the top Menu bar which now includes a handy button for mix randomisation.
- Bug fixes.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 25 April 2017
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 206 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Intermorphic Limited
- © 2004-2017 Intermorphic Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- PRO€ 7,99