Guarded Key - Password Manager
By Robert Janik
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Guarded Key password manager (also available for iPhone/iPod/iPad) is the best password app!
Optional iCloud - Synchronize iPhone/iPod/iPad and Mac OS X devices.
Guarded Key is the most secure password manager which uses encrypted database to store all your online identities, bank accounts, credit/debit cards, contact information, product codes (software activation keys, serial numbers, registration codes). Encrypted database is stored on your computer (not online), so you have your data under total control. Each record in the database is encrypted with 4096-bit key and 8 layers of encryption consisting of different encryption standards (AES, Triple DES, Blowfish, Twofish). Encrypted database can only be accessed after providing username and password (this is the only password you have to remember). Database is protected so well, that breaking 10 character password would take on a personal computer 8 billion years.
Enabled support for Non-English character set - save your data in any language.
* One master password - use one password forever
* iCloud - enable cloud service to synchronize all changes on all your computers and mobile devices
* Portable license - run the app from unlimited number of computers
* Mobile license - use the app on all your mobile devices for FREE
* Online Accounts - manage all your passwords, sign into your favorite web sites with one click, or copy user name and password into pasteboard
* Cryptographic Security Token - dynamic security token based on Certificate/RSA Signature
* Financial Information - manage all your bank account information and credit/debit cards
* Contacts (address book) - names, birth dates, addresses, phone numbers, emails, social networks, Skype id
* Products - manage software licenses, product codes, activation keys, online resources
* Strong encryption - protect your accounts with 4096-bit key and 8 layers of encryption
* Touch Screen - use touch screen and finger gestures to browse online accounts
* Platform independence - use operating system of your choice and use one license on all platforms
* Browser independence - use with any web browser of your choice
* Automatic sign in - the app starts web browser, navigates to web page and enters username and password
* Automatic (cryptographic) password - let Guarded Key generate strong password for each account
* Custom password - choose password, if you do not want to use auto-generated password
* Shredder - database record is decrypted only when used and shredded when no longer needed
* Computer management - enhance safety by authorizing specific computers for Guarded Key sign-in
* User management - add users with their own passwords for access to shared online accounts
* Interactivity - send email (opens email client with email address filled in), call phone number via Skype
* System bar icon - provides menu for with the list of online accounts for automatic sign in
* Import/Export from/to CSV/TXT file - import your online accounts, contacts, bank accounts, credit/debit cards, product codes/serial numbers/activation keys from other applications (password manager, email client, spreadsheet etc.)
Supported platforms: Mac OS X, iOS, Windows, Ubuntu Linux
Guarded Key keeps all data in memory encrypted. When database record is needed, data is decrypted and when no longer needed it is shredded (overwritten with zeros) so that it is not exposed to potential viruses or spyware. This keeps all your online identities and other information safe but ready for immediate use. The application uses per database licensing (not per computer). This allows you to use your Guarded Key on any computer (and any OS platform) without installing the application or paying for additional licenses. Just plug-in your USB flash drive or memory card and launch Guarded Key. Forget all your passwords and get Guarded Key, your strong password to the Internet!
Guarded Key (Strong password to the Internet)
What's New in Version 1.4.0
This update brings 4 improvements. New features 1. and 4. are based on user feedback. Thank you all for your ideas and valuable insight into how you use the app.
1. Added new field “Category” in Online Accounts tab. This field is optional. We recommend using it with new feature "sorting and grouping".
2. Sorting and Grouping - when sorting records by Category, Group or Date, the app will organize records in the list into groups. Check out screenshots on our Facebook page.
Get organized with Guarded Key!
3. Sorting options are saved - the app will remember sorting options. The next time you start the app, you will have the view setup as you left it.
4. Phone number - field length increased to 60 characters. Great for phone banking when using Guarded Key on iPhone! Add account number, client ID, PIN, password etc. into the phone number field in following format:
Option A: +1-800-123456,,,1,987654321,112233 or
Option B: +1-800-123456;1;987654321;112233.
Note: Comma - wait for 2 seconds and continue dialing, Semicolon - wait until user presses “Dial” button, then continue dialing. How does that sound? Phone banking cannot be any easier.
Guarded Key is just getting better every day!
We strongly recommend to all users upgrading to Mac OS X Mountain Lion or newer version of Mac OS X.
Guarded Key 1.3.6 and higher will no longer support Mac OS X Lion, because security restrictions do not allow automatic sign in.
Guarded Key 1.3.6 and higher will no longer support Mac OS X Snow Leopard, because this OS version does not support iCloud.
Guarded Key version 1.4.0 supports:
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
Users who are upgrading from version 1.3.2 and lower: Please backup your data. Mac will automatically migrate data to a secure container:
Old location: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/GuardedKey
New location: /Users/username/Library/Containers/com.guardedkey.GuardedKey/Data/Library/Application Support/GuardedKey
The pros of this app is that you can share keys between two macs, and it has good copy+paste support.
The big con is that when you ask it to generate a password for a given site, it creates the same password over and over again, and the only thing you can alter is how long it is. So I have to use yet another app to generate a useful password, which detracts 50% from the value of this app for me.