Guarded Key - Password Manager
By Robert Janik
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Guarded Key password manager comes with FREE version for iPhone and iPad!
iCloud will keep all your data on iPhone, iPod, iPad and all Mac computers in sync.
Guarded Key is the most secure password manager which uses encrypted database to store all your online identities, bank accounts, credit/debit cards, contact information, product codes (software activation keys, serial numbers, registration codes). Encrypted database is stored on your computer (not online), so you have your data under total control. Each record in the database is encrypted with 4096-bit key and 8 layers of encryption consisting of different encryption standards (AES, Triple DES, Blowfish, Twofish). Encrypted database can only be accessed after providing username and password (this is the only password you have to remember). Database is protected so well, that breaking 10 character password would take on a personal computer 8 billion years.
Enabled support for Non-English character set - save your data in any language.
* One master password - use one password forever
* iCloud - enable cloud service to synchronize all changes on all your computers and mobile devices
* Portable license - run the app from unlimited number of computers
* Mobile license - use the app on all your mobile devices for FREE
* Online Accounts - manage all your passwords, sign into your favorite web sites with one click, or copy user name and password into pasteboard
* Cryptographic Security Token - dynamic security token based on Certificate/RSA Signature
* Financial Information - manage all your bank account information and credit/debit cards
* Contacts (address book) - names, birth dates, addresses, phone numbers, emails, social networks, Skype id
* Products - manage software licenses, product codes, activation keys, online resources
* Strong encryption - protect your accounts with 4096-bit key and 8 layers of encryption
* Touch Screen - use touch screen and finger gestures to browse online accounts
* Platform independence - use operating system of your choice and use one license on all platforms
* Browser independence - use with any web browser of your choice
* Automatic sign in - the app starts web browser, navigates to web page and enters username and password
* Automatic (cryptographic) password - let Guarded Key generate strong password for each account
* Custom password - choose password, if you do not want to use auto-generated password
* Shredder - database record is decrypted only when used and shredded when no longer needed
* Computer management - enhance safety by authorizing specific computers for Guarded Key sign-in
* User management - add users with their own passwords for access to shared online accounts
* Interactivity - send email (opens email client with email address filled in), call phone number via Skype
* System bar icon - provides menu for with the list of online accounts for automatic sign in
* Import/Export from/to CSV/TXT file - import your online accounts, contacts, bank accounts, credit/debit cards, product codes/serial numbers/activation keys from other applications (password manager, email client, spreadsheet etc.)
Platforms: Mac OS X, XP/Vista/Win7, Ubuntu Linux
Guarded Key keeps all data in memory encrypted. When database record is needed, data is decrypted and when no longer needed it is shredded (overwritten with zeros) so that it is not exposed to potential viruses or spyware. This keeps all your online identities and other information safe but ready for immediate use. The application uses per database licensing (not per computer). This allows you to use your Guarded Key on any computer (and any OS platform) without installing the application or paying for additional licenses. Just plug-in your USB flash drive or memory card and launch Guarded Key. Forget all your passwords and get Guarded Key, your strong password to the Internet!
Guarded Key (Strong password to the Internet)
What's New in Version 1.3.6
1. Added more options for automatic sign in - for example if web site requires to enter user name, password and then captcha, the app can enter user + password and then wait.
1. Automatic sign in ENABLED - automatic sign in didn't work due to security restriction. Now it works again, but it requires Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Mavericks or higher version. When clicking "Sign In", user is asked to select location for auto-sign-in configuration. Confirm the default location and the app will setup automatic sign in.
2. Data Export - security restrictions limit where the app can save data. This was causing a crash when trying to open file dialog for export. Fixed: user can now select a folder for export and specify file name, operating system will authorize access to this location.
Guarded Key 1.3.6 and higher will no longer support Mac OS X Lion, because security restrictions do not allow automatic sign in.
Guarded Key 1.3.4 and higher will no longer support Mac OS X Snow Leopard, because this OS version does not support iCloud.
We strongly recommend to all users upgrading to:
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
Users who are upgrading from version 1.3.2 and lower: Please backup your data. Mac will automatically migrate data:
Old location: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/GuardedKey
New location: /Users/username/Library/Containers/com.guardedkey.GuardedKey/Data/Library/Application Support/GuardedKey
*** iCloud ***
Synchronize your Guarded Key database through iCloud service on all your devices. The app uses mirroring, which means that your encrypted database is stored locally on your device and mirror image of the database is stored in the cloud. Having encrypted database in the cloud is absolutely secure, nobody can access your data. Synchronization never uploads/downloads plain text data, only encrypted database is transferred over the networks. Encrypted database is secured by 4096-bit key and 8 layers of encryption.
When device goes offline, Guarded Key still provides full access to your local database and allows making changes. When the device is online again, all changes are uploaded to the cloud. Guarded Key on all your other devices will synchronize those changes. Transition between offline and online is made seamlessly without any user interaction.
Guarded Key uses smart synchronization, which can handle all conflicts:
a) Change one record on two devices at the same time or while devices are offline.
b) Change a record on one device and delete the same record on another device.
c) Add record A on one device and add record B on another devices, after synchronization both records will appear on both devices.
Guarded Key "Declaration of Independence" on cloud services: If cloud service is inaccessible for any reason, Guarded Key will be fully functional and data accessible from locally stored database.
How to enable cloud service:
a) Go to "System Preferences" on your device, select "iCloud" and setup your account if you haven't done already.
b) Turn "Documents & Data" setting "On".
c) Start Guarded Key and sign into your database.
d) When iCloud is enabled on the device, Guarded Key app detects it and enables iCloud synchronization automatically.
How to disable cloud service:
a) User can disable iCloud service on the device in "System Preferences -> iCloud" by turning "Documents & Data" Off
b) User can leave iCloud on the device enabled and disable cloud in Guarded Key by selecting "Menu" tab, then "Settings" and switching radio button "Cloud service" to "Disabled". In this case other apps will have access to iCloud, except of Guarded Key.