By Xelaton Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MarkMyWords is a comprehensive markup-writing tool for everyone who writes markup-formatted articles. Regardless if you are using Markdown, MultiMarkdown, Textile, Wikitext, HTML or BBCode to format your articles, MarkMyWords makes writing articles for the web a breeze and remains platform-independent by using plain text documents.
Some highlights of the MarkMyWords feature-set:
- support of a variety of markup-languages
- live-preview of the formatted content and the option to add your own CSS-stylesheets for output-preview
- use of text-templates and markers for quick text navigation
- a flexible distraction-free-writing-modus
- highlighting of markup-code
- quick saving with predefined save-folders
- add, edit and remove One-Click-Styles using the One-Click-Style-Editor for easy formatting of articles and tab-key triggered commands for inserting snippets of text quickly
- headline navigation-popup
- comprehensive collection of shortcuts for text-manipulation
- support for Critics Markup (shortcuts, display-options, batch-replacement)
- vast amount of preference-options to configure MarkMyWords to your personal style
- plugin-system based on Perl, PHP, Python or Ruby
- bundle-system based on Objective-C/Cocoa
MarkMyWords supports the markup-languages BBCode, Markdown, MultiMarkdown, Smark, Textile and Wikitext and offers a live-preview of the formatted output as it would be displayed on webpages. Of course you can use plain HTML to format your text, too.
By using Templates and Markers MarkMyWords gives writers flexible possibilities on hand to structurize and format articles in an elegant manner and remain focused on the content.
Authors can create templates of often used text-structures to simplify and fasten the creation of new articles.
The feature-set of MarkMyWords can be enhanced by adding plugins and bundles. Use of one of the widely popular script-languages Perl, PHP, Python or Ruby to create your individual plugins to meet your special needs, easily. Or create bundles using Objective-c/Cocoa.
Download bundle- and plugin-examples from the MarkMyWords-Plugin-Website over at http://www.xelaton.com and get the developer-documentation to start to create your own bundles/plugins today!
Full featured distraction-free-modus with a vast amount of options to make your workspace as comfortable as possible. Set background-color or -image and background-opacity, font-color, -size and -style, writing-area-color and size, optional "always in the middle writing"-feature and more. And best thing is, you can do most of these adjustments while right being in the distraction-free-mode by hitting CMD + ;
Additionally MarkMyWords offers a lot of preferences to adjust the look and feel of the standard-editor to give writers a comfortable environment for their writing tasks.
What's New in Version 1.8.0
- when importing text-files the common formatting will be converted to the selected markup-language automatically
- when importing a file, an option is available to remove all formatting from the imported text
- new shortcut for importing text-files (CMD+Shift+i)
- context-menu-actions for the editor
- remove markup from selection
- trim selected text
- export as RTFD (embedded attachments will be exported too)
- new preference-option: set font and color of line gutters to match the settings of the textfield
- selected text, or the whole text when there is no selection, can be shared using the sharing-symbol and will be forwarded to the OSX-Sharing-System (only OSX 10.8 or higher)
- improved behavior of the search/replace-bar in conjunction with shortcuts
- smaller improvements of the attachment-bar-behavior
- when exporting as a PDF-document, the current filename will be preset as the export-name
- BBCode 1.0.1 and Smark 1.1.5 implemented
- several improvements and enhancements of the editor-core
- several internal changes to improve the stability and behavior of MarkMyWords
- smaller bugs in the german user-interface solved
- bug when exporting to HTML solved, which lead to missing tags within the exported text
- bug when leaving the distraction-free mode with the shortcut CMD-Shift-F solved, which created a non removable instance of the distraction-free mode
- 139,00 kr
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 02 November 2015
- Version: 1.8.0
- Size: 4.7 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Alexander Sasse
- © Xelaton Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later, 64-bit processor